2 Questions - TRS 2006

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
1. Which "Rail Ends" will stop a slow moving boxcar?

2. What is the best way to uncouple a line of rolling stock from a locomotive and be sure the cars will not derail?

A BIG Thanks to ALL you guys and girls out there who have helped me so much in the past.:)

David

Hi David
One answer to question 1 is Prellbock3 kuid2:104001:60024:2 this item will even stop a moving loco from derailing.

As to question 2 I don't understand what your trying to say ? why would a long line of cars derail simply because you uncouple them ?

Cheers
PJ

If the cars are on an incline when they're uncoupled, they might run down the hill and derail due to excessive speed or reaching the end of the line.

If this is what is being referred to, use the apostrophe to set the handbrake on the consist before uncoupling the cars.

Regards,
Ian

Or just hit the "A" key.

Last night, I uncoupled the cars (about 12 gravel-filled hoppers) on a level track, and as soon as I uncoupled them, within one second actually, I clicked on the lead car and hit the "A" key... the cars derailed immediately. What did I do wrong?

Hi David
One answer to question 1 is Prellbock3 kuid2:104001:60024:2 this item will even stop a moving loco from derailing.

Cheers
PJ

It didn't work for me... and these cars were barely moving when they got to the railend:

derail-1.jpg

If you have (or add) the "buffer-speed tag" in the config file (assuming the rail end is a mosignal) you can specify the speed in metres/sec up to which the buffer will stop (dead!) whatever hits it.

Last night, I uncoupled the cars (about 12 gravel-filled hoppers) on a level track, and as soon as I uncoupled them, within one second actually, I clicked on the lead car and hit the "A" key... the cars derailed immediately. What did I do wrong?

Don't click on anything. Just hit the "A" key. By the way, I am using TRS 2006 and use the "A" key all the time to stop moving cars and locomotives. I should also note that I usually use "DCS" mode. I cannot vouch for "CAB" mode.

tomurban

Don't click on anything. Just hit the "A" key. By the way, I am using TRS 2006 and use the "A" key all the time to stop moving cars and locomotives. I should also note that I usually use "DCS" mode. I cannot vouch for "CAB" mode.

tomurban

Okay. I'll try your suggestion. (BTW, I use "DCS" mode, too!)

Thank you!

I don't understand why that buffer does not work for you, I've just run a loco at 10mph into it and it just stops, no derail ?
I'm using 2006
PJ

I don't understand why that buffer does not work for you, I've just run a loco at 10mph into it and it just stops, no derail ?
I'm using 2006
PJ

I'm using 2006 also. I made a "HUMP" yard, about 1/4 mile long---- flat terrain, with a small hump in the track... I back the loco up to the hump and uncouple boxcars and other rolling stock and immediately stop the locomotive. The cars roll down the yard tracks very slowly. I estimate about 5 mph. When they bump the buffer, 9 times out of 10 they de-rail. What can I say?

I remember when Auran released the last service pack for TRS2006, one of the issues addressed was "---railends will now stop rolling stock." Apparently, it isn't working very well.

I've been playing around with this for you and maybe it would work if you placed an invisible loco on an invis track with invis buffer after the visible buffer, your setting is "none" for derailments so this should just couple and not derail at about 5mph
its a bit of a pain but might work for you. I hope you get what I'm trying to say here !
Cheers
PJ

sorry, one more thing the visible buffer needs to be over the front end of the invis loco, you will need to play around with it to get it in the exact position you need so the in driver it will just look like the cars have stopped at the buffer, also remember to uncouple from invis loco when you next move them
Cheers
PJ

Back