TRS User ID question.

craig72x

Hi everyone.

I currently have TRS2006 and I did register the serial number when I bought TRS2006.

Unfortunately I no longer have my user ID nor do I have access to the email address I used to register my copy of TRS2006.

Is there anyway I can get my user ID back or a new ID?

I would really like to add new content to my copy of TRS2006.

Any help will be welcome.

Thank you.

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Can you log into the "Profile" section (see the tab above)?

If you can, then the serial number is recorded - and so is your User ID.

HTH

Colin

Hi Colin.

Thank you for your help. Got my ID number. ;)

I have one more questions if you can help please.

I had a look at the Download Station and searched for Maglev. (But not downloaded anything yet).

All of the content shown said that I need my serial number.

I have already registered my serial number, do I have to register it again?

Thanks for your help.

Craig.

Hi Craing,

Glad that worked!

Just checking - when you viewed your profile, did it have the serial number listed?

You do need (also) to have the correct username & password in the CMP.

One thing that seems unusual is that the Maglev entries in the DLS are Maglev TR08 - though they list as TRS2006 version.

Can you d/load using the tab above? - this should open CMP or you can save the file then open the file with CMP...

I've registered the 2009 version, so I have access to everything below TRS 2009 - I wonder if the build of these is a non-standard version (like some of the French versions - e.g. TRS 2008) and that that limits the downloading.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin.

I have had a look in my profile and clicked on the Serial Number tab which takes me to a page to enter my SN. (which I did about three years ago).

I then had a look at the Download Tickets, and this is what it said:

Download Station Access

No Access
You do not have access to any content on the Download Station.
Please register your Trainz Serial to gain access.

If you do not have a serial number, you can order Trainz Simulator 2009: World Builder Edition via the Auran Shop. No First Class Access
You do not have access to any content on the Download Station.

First Class Access
Please register your Trainz Serial to gain access. This free service has a monthly download limit and reduced bandwidth to allow as many users as possible access.

Once registered, if you wish for greater download speeds and guaranteed connections, you can purchase a First Class Ticket.

For faster download speeds, guaranteed connections and unlimited downloads, you can purchase a First Class Ticket. The annual ticket costs just 5 cents per day.
Because I registered my Serial Number 3 years ago and I don’t think the email address I am using is the same as then, I don’t think I will be able to download anything.:'( (but then again, I am not sure how to download content).

Thanks for your help.

Craig.

You can edit all your details by clicking on user cp above.

Hi Stagecoach.

By editing my details in the Control Panel, I assume you mean re enter my serial number?

I have already tried that, and was told the SN has been registered.

Thanks for your help.

Craig.

Hi Stagecoach.

I wanted to re register my serial number for TRS2006, but there is no way to do that.

Like i said, I tried to enter my SN, but have been told it has already been registered (which I did myself).

How ever, if I go in to my profile (after clicking on Serial Number under Trainz), towards the bottom of the page it shows that I have no Serial Number registered.

Craig.

Craig,

If you registered you serial number using another username (other than "Craig72") you will not be able to register it again under "Craig72". If you can't remember what username you regiistered under try raising a ticket with the helpdesk and give them your serial number. They may be able to help.

Hello Itareus.

Thank you for your reply.

I will send a ticket to the Helpdesk & explain my predicament.

Craig.

Hello gang, I have quite a situation on my hands here...

Every time I clone something, the object's user ID simply reads "unknown" instead of my username, and they could not be uploaded onto the DLS! What the heck is going ON!?! What does it have to do with my user id?! Please help!

"...Critical hit to the nads!" -Yosuke Hanamura, Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4
"HA-HA! YOU GOT RE-JECT-ED!"-Genis Sage, Tales of Symphonia
"BRING ME THAT IMBECILE FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!!" -Downfall Parodies Hitler

Have you entered your Planet Auran username and password (i.e. the same one you use here) into Trainz? You need to do it two places. The first is in Options via the Launcher, and the second is Settings in Content Manager.

Kieran.

Yes I have, yet it still wouldn't budge!

"BRING ME THAT IMBECILE FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!!" -Downfall Parodies Hitler

Some builds of TS2009 required an internet connection at every start to get the UserID. Without a connection they default to the UserID -2.

Peter

That's true - build 44653 to be exact (SP4). It's one of the bugs that was reported at the time, but nothing got done about it.

Shane

Some builds of TS2009 required an internet connection at every start to get the UserID. Without a connection they default to the UserID -2.

Peter

I still have my net connection, that is a good thing. And so, in order to clone and create stuff that will come under my name instead of "unkown", I have to upgrade to SP4, or hopefully find another solution. If the first situation is true, then I am so SOL! :'( Anyway, wish me luck!

I'm running TS12 (61388) on Windows 8.1 and I'm getting the same User ID problem. Internet connection is fine and I'm logged in in both the Trainz options and the CMP settings, but my User ID is blank in the CMP settings. Do I need to upgrade to a TS12 SP for this to be fixed?

Check under File > Network Diagnostics and post the results. It's not logging in properly if you can't see a User ID in your settings box.

Shane

Here you go:

Message: Reply from 216.239.32.20: bytes=32 time=256ms TTL=48
Message: Reply from 216.239.32.20: bytes=32 time=161ms TTL=46
Message: Reply from 216.239.32.20: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=48
Message: Reply from 216.239.32.20: bytes=32 time=161ms TTL=48
Message: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=285ms TTL=55
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=284ms TTL=55
Message: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Error: Download failed - error 7.
Error: Test 'http external' failed.
Error: Test 'http auran' failed.
Error: Test 'https auran' failed.
Error: Test 'download.ts2009.com' failed.
Error: Test 'www.auran.com' failed.
Error: Test 'www.ts2009.com' failed.
Error: Test 'online.ts2009.com' failed.
Error: Test 'page failure' failed.

Back