car cloning

danny5

join 1-1-2005
I've cloned a few cars and most have worked fine, but i have three that don't load right. there are 50ft flat cars. when i load these cars the load overlaps eachother. I tried changing the attchment points didn't help. Putting in one attachment point worked good for only product but iwant two products to load without overlapping. This is what i changed it to.
queues {
load0 {
size 2
initial-count 0
attachment-points {
0 "a.load0"
1 "a.load1"
Allowed-products <kuid:81119:35004>
Clearing out all the other queues and putting in only this i don't know why it don't work.
Danny5

Though I'm sure there are more experienced Trainz veterans than me who can readily solve this issue and get you headed on the right route, I have cloned a few cars, but so far have not had a need to have more than one load per car. Can you post or PM me the KUID and contents of the full config.txt file for the car you are cloning? I can see where sometime in the future this would be a nice feature on a few cars for the railway I am working on.

cloning

coRioGrandeSouthern The car is flatcar 50ft atsf 93399ant by majekear kuid2:56063:180736:3. thank for quick respond
Danny5

I've cloned a few cars and most have worked fine, but i have three that don't load right. there are 50ft flat cars. when i load these cars the load overlaps eachother. I tried changing the attchment points didn't help. Putting in one attachment point worked good for only product but iwant two products to load without overlapping. This is what i changed it to.
queues {
load0 {
size 2
initial-count 0
attachment-points {
0 "a.load0"
1 "a.load1"
Allowed-products <kuid:81119:35004>
Clearing out all the other queues and putting in only this i don't know why it don't work.
Danny5

The mesh has to have the a.loadx attachment points on it, and they have to be in the correct place. Either contact the original creator and ask him nicely to do you a version with the attachment points you require in the positions you require, it's a very small change for the content creator if they can find the source, or add a second mesh and add the attachment point to that. The second method adds roughly a 500 poly equivalent overhead but if your computer is fast enough no big deal.

Cheerio John

Back