Prototype Operations in Trainz

New Route

The CMTM started with 2 box cars on the layout, and I moved them to NYC Interchange with no problem, but the Northbound freight never shows up, I waited until 7:35AM before quiting the scenario.

The CMTM started with 2 box cars on the layout, and I moved them to NYC Interchange with no problem, but the Northbound freight never shows up, I waited until 7:35AM before quiting the scenario.

Using Content Manager, check to see that there are no missing assets in the session. The session should start with the following cars on the route.

ECS Track 40ft Boxcar CN #538178
ECS Track 40ftBoxcar CanadianPacific215122ant
Hither Yard Tanker40ftSouthernPacific52587LARS
Hither Yard CB&Q 40' wood boxcar
Hither Yard Great Northern 40ft boxcar 2
Hither Yard TH&B 40 ft Box Car
Hither Yard CP Boxcar 40' 403629 CPR
Hither Team Track Crane Flatcar50ft ATSF 93399 Ant
Hither Team Track Crane Flatcar50ft Soo Line 5994 Ant
Hither Freight House HS BX 120
Major Mfg. CP Boxcar 40' 401216 CPR
Major Mfg. CNW 791003 Open Hopper 4Bay
Valley Seeed Coop HS BX 186
Yon Freight House 40 ft Boxcar TH&B 3249
Tipps Iron Works Flatcar50ft ATSF 93399 Ant
Locomotive cn sw1200 green

Check the Portal Schedule Rule in Surveyor to see if the trains are defined and how many cars are in each train.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi Dap
I got the new route from you, there was nothing but the bare track layout. Is the session a separate file?

Cheers,
Mike.

Using Content Manager, check to see that there are no missing assets in the session. The session should start with the following cars on the route.

ECS Track 40ft Boxcar CN #538178
ECS Track 40ftBoxcar CanadianPacific215122ant
Hither Yard Tanker40ftSouthernPacific52587LARS
Hither Yard CB&Q 40' wood boxcar
Hither Yard Great Northern 40ft boxcar 2
Hither Yard TH&B 40 ft Box Car
Hither Yard CP Boxcar 40' 403629 CPR
Hither Team Track Crane Flatcar50ft ATSF 93399 Ant
Hither Team Track Crane Flatcar50ft Soo Line 5994 Ant
Major Mfg. CP Boxcar 40' 401216 CPR
Yon Freight House 40 ft Boxcar TH&B 3249
Locomotive cn sw1200 green

Check the Portal Schedule Rule in Surveyor to see if the trains are defined and how many cars are in each train.

Thanks,

I have printed the above out, and will check. I know some of it might not be there, since 2 box cars there did show up was not on the ESC track.

Thanks,

The above 4 are missing, and they don't show up on the Download Station in Content Manager for Trainz2009 Patch 2.

The above 4 are missing, and they don't show up on the Download Station in Content Manager for Trainz2009 Patch 2.

The nice thing about the CMTM SYstem is you can replace those missing assets with any car of like type, as long as the Catagory-class is the same in the car's config.txt file. Or, you can just run the session without those cars on the route. Or, if you want more cars to switch, just add them to the route in Surveyor. CMTM works with what you give it in this regard.

Missing Cars

To Old Salt and Dave;

I also cannot find cars to match HS BX 120 or HS BX 186 or CNW 791003 on the TS2009 DLS. Dave; can you give us a better description or KUIDs.

Does HS stand for an open sided hopper here? What is BX?
I did find and download Flatcar50ft ATSF 93399 Ant, as KUID2:56063:180736:3 using the Content Manager CM2.

I have also down loaded most of the cars for the portal trains except for the following, which I cannot identify in the portal list:

For the South Portal, what is the last car - I show a blank

For the North Portal the car after the UnionPacific 172572ant is id'd as "40"
and the following one and the last one are blanks.

For the NYC Portal the 4th car is blank.

Dave can you furnish the KUID's for those?

As I expected, I see that the 1st portal train north bound out of the South portal does not completly emerge put retreats because the last car is not identified. I Didn't wait yet for the other portal trains.

The nice thing about the CMTM SYstem is you can replace those missing assets with any car of like type, as long as the Catagory-class is the same in the car's config.txt file. Or, you can just run the session without those cars on the route. Or, if you want more cars to switch, just add them to the route in Surveyor. CMTM works with what you give it in this regard.

Ok so I will just add different cars for the missing ones in CMTM. Will have to reread what you sent me to make sure I do it right. ;)

Irving, Old Salt

Yes, you can replace any car on the route with one you already have as long as it is the same type catagory class. If you are replacing cars in the Portal Schedule Rule, just x the one you don't have and replace it with one you do have. That is one of the features of the CMTM System.

That said, the two HS BX cars were created by the creator of the original route. They are both box cars, so just replace them with any box car with a catagory class XBG of your choosing. The CNW hopper is a standard open hopper, just replace it with any open hopper with a catagory-class of XHB.

I hope this makes using the CMTM System easier.

To Old Salt and Dave;

I also cannot find cars to match HS BX 120 or HS BX 186 or CNW 791003 on the TS2009 DLS. Dave; can you give us a better description or KUIDs.

Does HS stand for an open sided hopper here? What is BX?
I did find and download Flatcar50ft ATSF 93399 Ant, as KUID2:56063:180736:3 using the Content Manager CM2.

I have also down loaded most of the cars for the portal trains except for the following, which I cannot identify in the portal list:

For the South Portal, what is the last car - I show a blank

For the North Portal the car after the UnionPacific 172572ant is id'd as "40"
and the following one and the last one are blanks.

For the NYC Portal the 4th car is blank.

Dave can you furnish the KUID's for those?

As I expected, I see that the 1st portal train north bound out of the South portal does not completly emerge put retreats because the last car is not identified. I Didn't wait yet for the other portal trains.

Irving,

If you want the originals rather than replacing them with what you may have on your computer, here is a listing from CM2 for the South Portal.

Not faulty: 40ft Boxcar TH&B 3200
Not faulty: 40ft gondola CP 422453
Not faulty: 40ft Stockcar Canadian Pacific 274383
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar Ann Arbor #
Not faulty: 40ftboxcar Central New Jersey #
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar CottonBelt34655ant
Not faulty: Caboose Canadian National 76675
Not faulty: CB&Q 40' wood boxcar
Not faulty: CN 480715
Not faulty: CN Boxcar 40' 428996 CNR
Not faulty: Flatcar50ft ATSF 93399 Ant
Not faulty: Flatcar50ft Southern #
Not faulty: RS3 - CN

The North Portal:

Not faulty: 40' Boxcar C&O 19310 (this is probably the car that is identified as "40". This is because Trainz software does not recognize certain charactors.
The apostrophy and the "&" are some of those charactors. You can change the user name in the config.txt file to eliminate this quirk.)
Not faulty: 40ft Boxcar CC&LE
Not faulty: 40ft Boxcar CN #538178
Not faulty: 40ft Reefer Santa Fe All the Way 35005
Not faulty: 40ft Reefer Santa Fe Grand Canyon 35003
Not faulty: 40ft Stockcar Milwaukee 103636
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar Burlington CB&Q #
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar CanadianPacific215122ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar Chicago&NW1558ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar SL-SF Frisco18194ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar SOOLine13779ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcarUnionPacific172572ant
Not faulty: Caboose Canadian National 76675
Not faulty: FlatCar CP Rail
Not faulty: HT C&O 110452
Not faulty: RS3 - CN
Not faulty: Tanker 40ft UTLX 641535 LARS
Not faulty: Tanker40ftGATX74947ant
Not faulty: Tanker40ftNATX15653ant

And the NYC Portal:

Not faulty: 40ft gondola CN 136811
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar GrandTrunkWestern516797ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar Great Northern #
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar NickelPlateRoad25133ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar Ontario Northland92010ant
Not faulty: 40ftBoxcar Pere Marquette84164ant
Not faulty: CN 40 FT Box 428269
Not faulty: CN 481536
Not faulty: HT Virginian 5260
Not faulty: UP 3 dome tanker

Last edited:
Irving, Old Salt

Yes, you can replace any car on the route with one you already have as long as it is the same type catagory class. If you are replacing cars in the Portal Schedule Rule, just x the one you don't have and replace it with one you do have. That is one of the features of the CMTM System.

That said, the two HS BX cars were created by the creator of the original route. They are both box cars, so just replace them with any box car with a catagory class XBG of your choosing. The CNW hopper is a standard open hopper, just replace it with any open hopper with a catagory-class of XHB.

I hope this makes using the CMTM System easier.

Well I tried to replace the first boxcar that was missing (HS BX car) with the built in PA 40' boxcar, I did change the class to XBG, but it did not work. Do I have to change it everywhere in the script? For all the different languages?

Well I tried to replace the first boxcar that was missing (HS BX car) with the built in PA 40' boxcar, I did change the class to XBG, but it did not work. Do I have to change it everywhere in the script? For all the different languages?

Use any car that is NOT CREATED by Auran. For some reason, they do not have catagory-class in most of their config.txt files, which I find strange and sad.

I guess you could add it. Note sure if it would need to be in more than one language.

Use any car that is NOT CREATED by Auran. For some reason, they do not have catagory-class in most of their config.txt files, which I find strange and sad.

I guess you could add it. Note sure if it would need to be in more than one language.

Ok, will retry it. Sorry this is taking so long on my part. BTW, you are right when you say "labor intensive,,,,,,,,not for the faint of heart." down the road you might want to see if you can simplify it so more people can/will use it.

. . . down the road you might want to see if you can simplify it so more people can/will use it.

I am looking for suggestions to do just that, but none have come to the surface yet. I have found that once you have done a route or two, it is not that difficult to impliment. I am currently putting the finishing touchs on the Huron Central route. . . 20 towns, 85 locatiosn to spot cars, two foriegn road interchanges. Lots of classification and industry switching!

I'm looking for other industry intensive routes to adapt. Any suggestions?

I am looking for suggestions to do just that, but none have come to the surface yet. I have found that once you have done a route or two, it is not that difficult to impliment. I am currently putting the finishing touchs on the Huron Central route. . . 20 towns, 85 locatiosn to spot cars, two foriegn road interchanges. Lots of classification and industry switching!

I am working on a 22 board route for your system. 21 boards in a straight line and one board off the odd board in the middle of the route for the yard. Basically just started on it, so it is not ready for anything yet.

A GUI to setup the data for the process would help since just the info on the GUI would possibly be enough to get people started.

Script Error-soon as opened

Using the Demo route.

After opening the route a script error occurs as below. No consist appears on South Portal.

EDIT: Problem only happened on cloned setup and had done some fiddling there. Ignore the report:eek:

cmtm.jpg

Last edited:
Back