NG track

Hi sdpnz,

There are quite a few 42" tracks on the DLS but the one I like most is named "nz rail" kuid 44640:38003 It is low poly and looks very good in most areas.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi spdnz,
Just a note to add to this. For loco testing purposes, I have a small track layout set-up using "NZ 3'6' rail" kuid 45676:38013. This track seems fine and appears low in poly's. However, I recently discovered the rail height on this track is different to other NZ 42" tracks. The result , if using any of my NZR 42" locos on other track, is a gap of about 3" between the top surface of the rail and the wheel tyre. I am not sure which track is right and which track is wrong.Has anyone else noticed this? If I create any more locos or stock for NZ 42", then I will have to settle for a known NZR track standard.
Cheers, Fender :)

Hi Fender,

Yes I have noticed your railcars etc ride slightly high on the track I use and that the "NZ 3'6" rail" is higher than other tracks. In fact there are about three differing heights in 42" track on the DLS. However I do like the look of kuid 44640:38003 so I have not worried about it. There are also 42" tracks that are slightly different widths/gauge too, mainly the tracks without balast which I use on bridges, turntables and engine houses. I could be wrong but I thought the height for all tracks in Trainz should be 300mm.

Cheers,
Bill

Hi all NZ simmers, route-builders and modellers. I think a NZR track standard, for heights and widths especially, needs to be adopted and adhered to. I will download "NZ rail 44640:38003" and look at it. Could this be the standard?
My apologies to the moderators, as I have forced this thread a bit off topic, should perhaps be moved to content creation.

Hi Fender,

All of billegulla's locos and all the locos and coaches I have reskinned and re-bogeyed sit on 44640 38003 very well. The bogeys I have used are all made by other creators and all seem to be at the same height. There are a few items I have tried to re-bogey that come out all wrong, but that is caused by the bogey attachment height being different.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi all NZ simmers, route-builders and modellers. I think a NZR track standard, for heights and widths especially, needs to be adopted and adhered to. I will download "NZ rail 44640:38003" and look at it. Could this be the standard?
My apologies to the moderators, as I have forced this thread a bit off topic, should perhaps be moved to content creation.

Don't worry about it Fender any help is good for me.

sdpnz

Back