Some observations

ddukaric

First of all, i must say that i have been using trainz since it's begining and it always brings my smile to face when new version is out. But this last version 2009 is just so low quality. At first impression i thought this is polished trainz, with new graphics, sounds, routes, even better user interface. But it's none of that, only one new train with high textures and track also, which can't compare to "Railworks" new game that just came out, which has far more superior graphics, physics, sounds. I would be very happy if Trainz team observes some of their solutions and implement them in new trainz version, beacuse they are very very good in my opinion.

Sorry about my english :D and tell me your opinions, beacuse versions don't need to be updated in such high rate, i would wish that they take their time and polish engine to the limits, guys don't go to the wrong junction and try to keep the good work!

I am sorry to say I feel the same way. The screenshots made me think that I was getting that too. I should have checked out these forums first. It's not that I don't like Tranz2009 but I am disappointed.

Sad as it may be, I too have TRS2009 now gathering dust. However, Trainz Classics 3 (TC3) is a delight to work with and support from the TC3 team is nothing short of amazing.

:)

Colin.

.... At first impression i thought this is polished trainz, with new graphics, sounds, routes, even better user interface....
Where did you get your impression from?.....certainly not from what's been posted in the forums....I like 2009WBE because of it's potential...It certainly isn't polished yet. You have a join date of this month so you must have had a previous life here to be here from the beginning....at least each new release brings a smile to your face...:cool:

Hi guys
The content shown in the screenshots is either included in TS2009, or available from the download station (the ground textures shown on the website were made available after the initial release).

However, most of the screenshots show layouts that are included that have had the track changed (or the building, and so on) to show the new content.

Of course, on the bottom of the TS2009 websites home page is the following as well:
TS2009 website said:
Trainz Simulator 2009: World Builder Edition (TS2009) is the core program designed primarily for content creators and route builders

Now, in the page dedicated to WBE, it does say that new high res content is included. Although there is only 12 actual items, these items were designed for the above quote. Namely, to allow creators to look at them and study them, to allow them to see how to make the new high res content. In addition to these 12 items, approximately 50 ground textures were also uploaded to the DLS as well.

For those of you that may not know or remember, TRS2004 and TRS2006 were much worse when first released.
For me TS2009 ( and/or perhaps TS2012 ) will do just fine until DN(T)F is released.

My first foray into Trainz was with TS2009WBE and I am really happy with it. Though my wife bought me Trainz Complete Collection as well ( for the bargain bin price of $9.00 AU :) ) which I have played around with as well. But I always come back to TS09, Since it uses 99% of the old content I might as well use the newer version regardless of any bugs etc.

I am an IT professional and I see day in day/day out problems with programs and Trainz is far from perfect, but take a look at many other programs, lest we say one in particular from our friends at MS its little program called Windows, when released its horrid, a few SPacks later and its stable. Trainz for me is quite stable now and compared to other program issues I deal with daily, my hat is off to Auran for making it as bug free as possible at release.

Just remember its programming, and bugs always exist, there is no perfect program. It the nature of the beast As to content, give the content creators time to get used to the newer gfx abilities and it shall come. Like in all things - "Good things come to those who wait"

Thanks Auran for making this sim, I for one can not afford a large model railway in my house, so Trainz sure makes up for it and I myself have already in the short time of owning the sim, got my moneys worth out of TS09WBE ( DVD version $50 AU bargain)

Cheers

Trent

Let's see. $50 for Trainz or $5000 for a great, but only one, N scale layout in my two car garage that cannot even hold one base board.
Hmmm...
I'll get back to you. :wave:

I Like TRS2009

I like TRS2009 but then again I am a route builder. The 5m grid opens a lot of possiblities. TRS2009 runs stable on my system and has better frame rates than TRS2004. I guess if you are not a route builder than TRS2009 may not be for you.:eek:

Yes, 2009 is far better when compared to spending thousands of dollars on a actual physical layout.

Yes, 2009 is far better when compared to other programs from other sources.

Yes, 2009 is far better than games with no potential, and games that won't be released.....ever!

Yes, 2009 is far better than other Trainz versions when all the bugs are squished and all the content remade and released to take advantage of improvements.

And, yes, the original poster has a valid opinion, one that is shared by others, and is commonly called "The Emperor's New Clothes". I would imagine if 2009 were so great as some claim it to be, it could withstand a dissenting opinion.

Yes, 2009 is far better when compared to spending thousands of dollars on a actual physical layout.
thats debatable, at least in the physical sense of accomplishment that comes with it....... but like many games, it still has flaws, and they are likely to be fixed with time... its just a matter of waiting for fixes and being patitient....... personaly, i admire that Auran is willing to release games with a few bugs in it, it allows people like us to act as "heroes" and fix parts of it..... also, I have seen too many time , a game die on design when a company cant iron out the "kinks" in it quickly enough.

thats debatable, at least in the physical sense of accomplishment that comes with it

I agree, but I was attempting to point out that a fanboy can compare 2009 to almost anything and find justification for it. 2009 is better than a toaster that always burns your bread, unless you love burnt bread, in which case it isn't...:eek:

Back