The Absolute BEST LOOKING Track?

Would you guys say that MP Wood is the Industry Standard for routebuilders? I mean that and all the lovely revisions on Greenery.name.?:)

cam

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but I'm currently using the "Greenery" tracks and I've noticed NO impact on framerates! The track looks good and there's a good bunch to choose from... easy to get too! :)

I am testing all the "Greenery" tracks out for framerates.

So far I like Slavedriver-WRRW TK2A Detailed, and also his chunky mesh track.

And NorfolkSouthern37-Standard Gauge Track / Old

I've used Betriebsleiter's track with no problems and there are many to choose from. His kuid is: 98193. I also use the MP track alot. I'm guessing that when you refer to the Greenery track you mean Trunda? If not where can I get it? Thanks.

My current rails of choice for TS2009 are the UK Bullhead Wood and the same rusty.

This has a nice look to it and my very detailed rout runs very nicely. Up to that point, I used the old VMD Mainline and the MP Wood, which were okay for TRS2004 and TRS2006, although the VMD was a bit too much even for my computer.

My complaint about the track is the color of the ballast, but I was able to find one that comes close. I tried changing the color of it, but I couldn't tell what the texture file was to do so.

John

Favorite Track

Hi All: I have Downloaded from the DLS #100 it US Wood Main OZ by Storknest.. And I find it to be very satisfactory in all facets. It has a nice shine to especially in night mode. The Ballest looks good too..

Bob Cass:)

An odd thing keeps occuring ocasionally.

My MP Wood track keeps turning black (a tunnel), and becomes Tunnel3_1voie. I can usually find the culpret...as it is someting like US Old Tunnel or some other asset that self commits itself, and I revert it back to normal...sometimes the glitch hiding somewhere else in another mysterious asset.

Last edited:
My current rails of choice for TS2009 are the UK Bullhead Wood and the same rusty.

For TS2009 North American routes, I don't know of anywhere UK Bullhead would work. The main problem is the tie plates don't match anything I have seen used in this region. Not saying the track is bad, just the tie plates don't match anything I know of.

About the other current track offerings for TS2009 in North American routes:

VR track is good for the recent/modern period with a few variations available.

WS track when laid next to VR track gave me the impression of fitting older time periods. Good track for early and mid steam periods, some variation and there's Narrow Gauge versions, I think it is 3 foot width.

RBMN track is good for recent/modern times but is limited with only 2 types. This is a problem when trying to use it in combination with some bridges, there's no rails version for trestles and such that use them plus I tried combining the track with a type of truss bridge and the ballast poked through the sides of the bridge mesh, it needs a no ballast and rails only version unless it matches VR track well, haven't checked that.

Those 2 RBMN tracks look like they would be good choice for 2009 users, sadly I only have TRS2006:mop: :':)mop:So "WRRW track 2A dark ballast" is still the one I am leaning towards for TRS2006.

Last edited:
Tracklaying, Radius, Gradients, Templates, Guides, Metric/Imperial Conversion

There seems to be a great keen interest in complex tracklaying, laying gradients, and perfect radius curves. I am proposing that we write about our own skills of how we lay multi track yards, complex interlockings, switches, gradients and curves...etc...in "Tips and Tricks in Surveyor" thread.

When I was young I was promised the metric system, and never got it. Now in Surveyor all the heights are metric and I am having a ball with metric/imperial conversions. Who out there needs help with using the metric system ? It really is easier !:cool:

Metric/Imperial eqivilents: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=477661&highlight=metric#post477661

IM me if you need information.

Last edited:
There seems to be a great keen interest in complex tracklaying, laying gradients, and perfect radius curves. I am proposing that we write about our own skills of how we lay multi track yards, complex interlockings, switches, gradients and curves...etc...in "Tips and Tricks in Surveyor" thread.

When I was young I was promised the metric system, and never got it. Now in Surveyor all the heights are metric and I am having a ball with metric/imperial conversions. Who out there needs help with using the metric system ? It really is easier !:cool:

Metric/Imperial eqivilents: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=477661&highlight=metric#post477661

IM me if you need information.
Simple imperial to metric conversion. 1 foot = .3048 meters. So just take the number of feet multiplied by .3048. Just remember that fractions need to be converted into decimals.

Bill

The low poly track works better than the high. When in driver, looking ahead from within the cab, the hi-poly track blurs a short distance ahead, while the lo poly track remains detailed for a longer distance.
My distance setting is 2Km.

FW

WRRW Chunky Track-By Slavedriver

Experimenting with a lower end 1Gb laptop PC, the framerates of "WRRW Track 2A dark ballast" proved itself better for wide open spaces, like mainlines. In complex 30 track freight yards the framerates were somewhat choppy.

So on most complex tracked urban areas I will be using "WRRW Chunky Track". But most of my mainline will be the "WRRW Track 2A Dark Ballast".

The "WRRW High Detail Track" will be ideal for single or double track branchlines, out in the boonies, as it slays framerates in complex trackage areas with lots of switches. But it looks so good ! ! ! !

The "Frog Right/Left" and the "HD Joint 1 Bars" are working very well with the "WRRW Chunky Track".

The PRR MOW trackgang is busy replacing track at Spruce Creek Tunnels:

"http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/WRRW_Chunky_001.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/WRRW_Chunky_002.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/WRRW_Chunky_003.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/WRRW_Chunky_004.jpg

Last edited:
Changing Track

I'd like to change all the track in my route to MP Wood. I seem to remember a way to make Trainz Objectz work with versions other than TRS04, so that I could do a "global replace". Is it possible? I've searched the forum with no luck.
I have TC3.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Back