Configuring Gondolas to Show Loads

maxwerks

I have downloaded numerous gondolas from the DLS, but none of them appear to be configured to show the loads I need -- specifically, limestone aggregate, gravel, and sand.

After reading a few posts on this forum, I tried modifying the config.txt files of a couple of them by adding the KUIDs of limestone aggregate and sand to their load queues, but nothing displayed when I added them in Surveyor and added loads to them. I even have a FURX gondola that I downloaded that appears to be set up to carry (and presumably show) limestone aggregate, but for some reason I can't set an initial load.

Can anyone either explain how to reconfigure a car to display a specific load, or post a link to such an explanation? I'd be much obliged. Hauling around empty gondolas isn't much fun.

Thanks very much in advance,

Max

If you look at the Config.txt file for Woodchips_Gondola,<kuid:-3:10063> which does a visual load of woodchips or IC 4 Bay Hopper,<kuid:-1:100929>
which does a visual load of coal, you'll see that there is a load container section that specifies what is loaded and a replacement texture that provides the visual of the load. Also a script that makes is all work.

Bob

Adding commodity option to gondula

I find that if you click on a loadable gondula in survayor and add the desired load, it will be visable. So far only the CP gondula does not work this way for me.

Thanks, all. I appreciate everyone's willingness to share what they've learned with a newbie.

Using the info provided by philskene, I was able to load the "woodchip gondola" with limestone aggregate and ballast at a Multiple Industry New and then unload it at another MIN.

The next task is to reconfigure my other, more prototypically appropriate gondolas to accept these loads by modifying their config.txt files. Thanks for the tip, rweber95. Any more info/tips on this particular task would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Max

Max --

Just a word of caution - if you do intend modifying the config.txt, first make sure that the gondolas are texture replacement enabled.

Some are; some aren't.

You will find the ones that are incorrectly configured will not show the correct product, for example, even when loaded with iron ore/ballast/wood chips they will still show coal as the load.

The best way to correct this error is by examining the config.txt a gondola that is correctly configured. I can't remember all that are, but this one certainly is:

PHILSKENE FALS-IBTZ HOPPER

kuid:86311:999116

If you do download this particular car, be aware that it does alias to another item, which you will also need to download.

Phil

Here's a long shot

I don't know what Trainz version you are using, but if you have TRS2006, the inbuilt route Northbay County should have included a narrow guage hopper thing with limestone as one of its numerous products. Now I'm not totally sure here:eek: , but if you place a NG Hopper on the track in surveyor, and click on it with the query tool ('?') it should give you a list of available materials. If it has one, up in the left top corner there may be a little icon with two cars and a big green arrow to a third. Hovering on this, the words "Copy to other compatible vehicles" or words like that, should appear. Click it and see what happens. It's a long shot, but try anyway:D

Back