GE Blowout Shots

Yeah, you heard it right. This is for people who have edited trainz shots to model GE's firestorms. You don't need to photoshop it though, look at Jointed Rail's U30Cs they blow fire out of the exhaust. So, post screenshots!
trainz2009-06-2123-34-13-64.jpg

trainz2009-06-2118-05-12-26.jpg

trainz2009-06-2119-19-53-15.jpg

hey where did my post go? it was here yesterday..... anyway

Nice pictures, you think you could thicken the smoke... and make it a darker grey or black? maybe add a bigger "belch" of smoke?:hehe:

I think this would be a really cool feature for trainz to incorperate into the game.....

no, i just need to get the program your using...... btw.... what program are you using?:hehe:

personally i dont think trains should be on fire (unless something is wrong or...). this does happen on older GE models at the exhaust because of injectors dumping in too much fuel and it gathering in various places. i think the dash 9s had this problem fairly under control as opposed to the older series. the Evolutions seem to have solved it altogether.

...fuel on the fire...

:cool: Yes, too much fuel back in the old days of mechanically fueled injection did a lot of backfiring..

There seams to be a turbo-design problem that is related to heat...like overheated oil running in the turbo-bearings...the turbo stops turning when it begins to seize up, then it all comes out at once.

GEVO locomotives just simply blow up...

Anyway...

I think this is what you mean...no retouching here...
backyardcrrsbmossturnaf.jpg

backyardcrrsbrockhotdog.jpg

This is NS37's CSX C30-7 Stealth locomotive...no U30C is there...yet.
The "fire" is a separate kuid that may be assigned to the exhaust stack attachment of any locomotive(according to NS37).

Well I know it's not a screenie, but this blowout beats yours by a long shot:

Looky here!

Of course I could make a screenshot of a browser window with the piccie in it, but can't be bothered. :hehe:

It's a German BR01 oil fired steamer blowing it's tubes after a hard day's work. :D

Edit: typos!

Back