Cab Mode or DCC Mode, which one do you prefer?

I always do DCC only cos I can't drive in cab mode. I prefer going into camera view anyhow, I like watching the trains moving through the countryside.

Although if I have a carriage with interior view, I will "drive" the train from the carriage. Scary huh?? I have psychic abilities and can move the controls using brain power.:cool:

-freeintcam

In your Trainzoptions File add the line: -freeintcam ,and you can move abouut the cab, and even out of the cab, a really cool tool:cool:
==================================================================================================
I used to only use DCC but lately have gone over to Cab and getting used to it now. Some diesels are a pain to drive with cab controls because you have to set the camera view so low it is hard to see far ahead. Same with steam you cant see much from the cab. Great controls on the BNSF dash 9s make it a dream to drive.

Cheers
Mike

I mainly like Cab Mode, then I can have a look at the wonderful scenery and take screenshots as I go along, and change the points quickly if they are set wrong......
I have sat in the cabs of some of the more modern diesels, both, British and American, but, it 'aint the same as BVE.....:hehe:

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Cab Mode, all the way!

Raildriver for Diesels and Electrics, keyboard for steam. I find DCC quite boring: set the dial and go :( .

DCC, after all, I am a model railroader. By the way, you CAN ride in the cab durring DCC.

Yep, you can ride anywhere in DCC. I like to switch between the cab and the caboose. It helps me when I'm backing into a siding, to look out the back of the caboose--and on long trips I sometimes enjoy the view from the cupola.

I'm a whole train crew!

-freeintcam

Everyone should have the line: -freeintcam entered in their Trainzoptions file...it is so useful. I don't know why it doesn't come pre-written in the game ? A really cool tool, to roam about the cab, and outside of the cab, in DCC & Cab mode.:cool:

I prefer cab mode with diesels because I have practiced in it. I am still practising driving with a steam engine

I always use DCC as I mostly use trams, in which the cab controls don't work properly. Also, like others, I find it easier to concentrate on operations when using DCC. Finally I find DCC to be more precise when it comes to controlling the throttle.

I use Cab when I'm in a Dash 9 but usually DCC because I can control how the train moves better.
Deeelare,
"Stupid is still stupid"
Love that!
Oh..it may have been directed at me.
Like I said...it would be wrong to lie, even about myself!

Woody

Woody,

As you have begun to ' mature ' on the Forum , I begin to feel a little tug at my heart when I read your posts . Keep focused !

Sincerely --- ,DLR :'(

Steamlocos like the fantastic San Juan works for NG or Subar productions drive in DCC-Mode? horrible....

I like to drive in CAB-mode ever possible. To enable fireman makes more realistic so i can drive and enjoy the scene. Some Locos was created with this Option. For test a map use DCC & CAB-mode.

Still miss a taste of smell; heating oil and coal during a session.:confused: :D

Also miss to set each loco in CAB or DCC-mode at same time. But split this option in Trainz is not possible. Some of my favorite got no driveable CAB :'(

T

Back