Another Poll! Your favorite cab design? [U.S. Cabs]

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Here is my latest thread, a poll about "cabs" from the revolutionary low nose cabs to Southern's famous high-hoods, I'm covering cabs any engineer would know cabs make a huge difference in overall work performance. From my experience at the railroad museum, its not easy switching in an F-7:hehe: ! LOL
Thank You!!!!:)
1.LOW NOSE STANDARD CAB [LATE 50's to EARLY 90's]
2.HIGH HOOD [1940's to 1960's unless in other countries]
3.STEAM CABS [1800's thru 1940's]
4.WIDE CAB [most North-American diesels late 1990's thru present]
5.CARBODY or "COVERED WAGON" [1930's thru early 1950's]
6.THE ALCO "RS" SERIES CAB [1940's thru late 1950's]
7.THE SWITCHER TYPE [Late 1930's thru Early 1990's]
8.THE FAMOUS SOUTHERN PACIFIC "CAB FORWARD"
9.CENTER-CAB [44Tonner, CNJ Camelback]
10.ELECTRIC CAB [Acela Express, ICE, Euro, etc.]
Thank You to all who post. *Please only one vote per member using the above list or write-in relating to the subject.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about taxis. I'm talking about the operating area of a train. You know where the engineer or "driver" operates the train.
Cheers.

Either Hi hoods, Switcher cabs, or RS series. I can say with some confidence though that I hate fat heads. They just look dumb.

Center cabs!

Or steeple cabs if you like that term better. Old RS units, industrial switcher, Krokodiles or the Japanese low hood locomotives. I just love the way they look.

:cool:Claude

JANUARY 21st 2009... I will now count the votes for the first time and will post later the First General Count. You may still vote until February 1st 2009. Starting February 1st will be one or two new polls, I will continue this trend as long as people vote. Personally I get alot of fun out of this so please cast a vote or write one in. The list provides a majority easier than write-ins, but why should I have all the fun? Go ahead and write-in as you please, just mind the subject. I look forward to your write-ins!
CHEERS.

My favorite cab?
Austin FX4
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
I'm not talking about taxis. I'm talking about the operating area of a train. You know where the engineer or "driver" operates the train.
Cheers.
Illinois Central.. I'm pretty sure Mr. Fisher knows what a Engine Cab is.. trust me(no offense to you Mr. Fisher) but he is like Everybodies elder wiser grandfather here. another rule to follow.. never correct Mr. Fisher.
And for the count, i'm alco RS baby.;)
Sean

Well quite frankly I'm not talking about him. "Checker Cabs" are not related to trains at all. As for "Hansom" cabs, I really don't know what that is, if you could explain I would be greatful! If it is a train cab I'll count it. No offense Mr.Fisher!

Back