I NEED HELP WITH Trainz Collection

Reggiebob69

Can some1 plz help me with my Trainz Collection.
The prob iz that I cant load the bastard. My computer wont even spin the disk.:(

Plz help.
I'm in Australia if that makes a difference.

If it will not initialize the disc, then it seems to me, that perchance, the DVD ROM you have in your PC is malfunctioning.

Hi,

Quick Sanity check....

1) You are using a DVD drive - not a CD drive?

2) does the drive read other DVDs?

3) If "yes" to 2), then try inserting the disc, then use windows explorer to view the drive contents.
Sometimes this will start the drive.

4) Try cleaning the DVD.

5) Can you post the PC Specs?

Colin

And 6 Please refrain from using Coulorful Metaphores (Bad Language) on the forums. Try to be polite . Help comes quicker that way. And finally kiss good-bye to your social life now you are going to use trainz.

Do you have access to another computer (a friend or co-worker) that you can try reading the disc, to see whether the disc is bad or not?

If it won't autorun, look at its top-level folder using Windows Explorer. There's probably a setup.exe or similar file there you can double-click to commence the installation procedure. Sorry, I haven't got the disk to hand right now so I can't check the precise name of the file.

Sorry if that's not the problem.

John

What version of trainz are you useing?
most of the trainz disks are DVD's so they will not work on standard Dvd roms, if yours is just a C.D rom, then it might be best getting a DvD reader of trainz 2004 witch I think is a C.D

The computer uses/takes both CD and DVD... but it wont read the thing so...

I know it has somethin 2 do with the computer.
Thanx:)

If the drive has problems reading other disks it might be worth trying a lens cleaning disk on it. But check in the manual as some manufacturers don't recommend using them.

John

Back