Duplication (Again)

barryg

My last post was removed without warning or reason, and trying to get through to the helpdesk to ask why is a nightmare, so i'll ask again!

As TRS2006 retains previous versions of files that have been updated through CMP, is there a utility that will scan and remove duplicate files in the 'Local' folder? TRS2004 had the option when using T.O, but no such option is in CMP.

Apart from the additional redundant files taking up space, i guess the game engine takes longer to find what it wants/needs as it has to traverse through the old files looking for the latest versions.

Does TRS2009 do the same?

Regards Barryg

missing posts

I am having the same problem with posts and/or threads I start going the way of the Dodo as soon as I send them in.
And like you I have contacted the Helpdesk but have not had any form of reply about this one. Maybe they don't reply, after all they do have to deal with a lot of 'traffic' and replying to every one would be a mammoth task.

God bless,

Angela

Hi Agelah & barryg,

There was aproblem with forum dates, each post on Monday evening came up with a date of 1 Jan 1970 so the posts disapeared or went to the oldest position in the thread.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hmmm. I did the search by user name and came up with nothing. After i initially posted, it remained there for 2 days then dissapeared, hence the repost.

There was a time a few years ago that posts were removed/lost, i thought that perhaps the same was occuring.

Regards Barryg

My last post was removed without warning or reason, and trying to get through to the helpdesk to ask why is a nightmare, so i'll ask again!

As TRS2006 retains previous versions of files that have been updated through CMP, is there a utility that will scan and remove duplicate files in the 'Local' folder? TRS2004 had the option when using T.O, but no such option is in CMP.

Apart from the additional redundant files taking up space, i guess the game engine takes longer to find what it wants/needs as it has to traverse through the old files looking for the latest versions.

Does TRS2009 do the same?

Regards Barryg

TS2009 does the same as far as I know.

Back