UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

thanks nexusdj , but I wonder if someone can give me a hint how to get maps of former British railways?:)

Hello JPBT. If you mean the networks of old railway companies there are a number of publications that show maps of railway companies as far back as pre 1923.

However if you are looking to trace the route of a closed railway line you can refer to a relevant OS map with a scale of 1:25000 or greater. The following link will take you to a website which has maps which cover the whole of the UK as it was in the middle of the 20th century.

http://maps.nls.uk/os/25k-gb-1937-61/index.html

thanks nexusdj , but I wonder if someone can give me a hint how to get maps of former British railways?:)
Try this site: http://www.old-maps.co.uk/maps.html

Select the area you want from the main map then pick the era you want. 19th & 20th century is well represented.

There are some excellent scales suitable for Trainz modelling, including highly detailed 1:500 maps in some areas. These can even show both rails of the track, locations of signals, turntables, type of station/yard buildings and hardware such as cranes etc.

I've chopped some up and laid them as 1km square basemap tiles and they make track laying etc. very easy.

... long waited for, Loop Line industry action -

... leave a loaded loco coal wagon at the Coaling Tower lift -

... and up she goes -

... tips out, replenishing the bunker -

... then descends empty, for collection -

15095687788_5dec06d471_b.jpg

I'm resuming the A stock project I started about 6 months ago. This is the trailer.

Makes me glad I upgraded to ts2012 now. Looking good there. Will look good running next to the dreadnoughts I've made for me by Paulz train :)

Also, congratulations to those who make it onto my 'Trainz User Collection Screenshots' in My Pictures. ;)

It saves me searching again for your marvels. :p

Dreadnoughts; weren't they London Metropolitan Railway rolling stock?

They were Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Class 8 4 cylinder 4-6-0s introduced in 1908. At the time they were the largest UK locomotives so they were nicknamed after the large battleship class of the same name. They were mostly rebuilt in 1921 and more were built up to 1925 by the LMS. They were used for a time on West Coast expresses between Crewe and Carlisle.

I see you have been spending time at Longport. Thank you for buying the route and I hope you enjoy your purchase. Sorry about it being pre-electrification though!;)

Excellent route , Superb detail and a week needed at least to explore every section of it . As for an electrified version if you every consider an updated version I'm told there's a suitable kit of Mk1 catenary parts on the DLS , Though it's a bit rough and ready and the authors name does escape me ;)

Great shots all :cool:

15105351308_fcaed8eacf_b.jpg

15105217659_8ec3fe44d8_b.jpg

15105216510_08c5dbcfea_b.jpg

15291543932_f835b4783c_b.jpg

15105304370_73b3aa8430_b.jpg

Last edited:
Makes me glad I upgraded to ts2012 now. Looking good there. Will look good running next to the dreadnoughts I've made for me by Paulz train :)

Dreadnoughts; weren't they London Metropolitan Railway rolling stock?

They were Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Class 8 4 cylinder 4-6-0s introduced in 1908. At the time they were the largest UK locomotives so they were nicknamed after the large battleship class of the same name. They were mostly rebuilt in 1921 and more were built up to 1925 by the LMS. They were used for a time on West Coast expresses between Crewe and Carlisle.

I think chris30sg is talking about these:

http://www.brc-stockbook.co.uk/Dreadnought427.htm

London Metropolitan Railway coaching stock.

Last edited:
Great shots everyone ;D I managed to get my computer working again by restoring to factory settings, so I had to transfer all my trainz work onto memory stick :S Endless missing dependencies, thats why theres no trains in these screenies :D
New route I'm starting based on an old route I made back in 2011
b4S9sEQ.jpg

wwGZVTJ.jpg

Last edited:
Back