Trainz Objects?

railroy19

Could anyone help me locate a link to download Trainz Object or is it to late.
I just installed 2004 back into my puter and I sure could use TO.

Thanks to All
Bob

That website no loger exsists
isthere anywhere elseI can get a download of T/O as I have had to reinstall windows on my Pc

Robin

I have just tried twice to send you a copy of the latest TrainzObjectz setup file (build 544), but since it's an exe file, the email keeps blocking it, even if disguised as a .txt or .rar file. If there is some other way I can get it to you, let me know. PM me or send an email (my address is in the config of most of my assets). Author kuid 68213.

~ Deane

I've got the installer myself. I downloaded it about 4 years ago before Terry's website went down. If anyone wants it, I'll upload it to my One Drive.

Curious what this does and what versions of Trainz it is expected to work on? I tried googling, but still unsure....

Curious what this does and what versions of Trainz it is expected to work on? I tried googling, but still unsure....

It only works with TRS2004, I think. It may work with earlier versions as well. It allows easier editing of config.txt files.

It also did a form of error checking by showing you the Trainz error log and linking to the assets listed in the log so you could attempt to repair them. I was able to repair all my content in TRS2004 so it was error free. That has proven to be a good thing now that I am importing those items into TANE and TRS19.

William

I used the link Malc posted - thanks. I have a copy archived on a cd someplace but this was easier.

AssetX will also fix content for TRS2004. I'm not exactly sure what the differences in capabilities are but it's the only thing I've used for 04 content for the past few years.

I've had 04 loaded on the new computer since I got it last year. I had it installed on most the laptops the last decade or so. Not that I used it that much but I still like working in it. In fact I'll be using it for the newest version of the EBT layout I'm starting. For various reason I decided to start it this way. Not the least is working with some of my own programs that can access it directly. Yes lots of limitations going forward but all the new Transdem terrain, my old track files, other splines and most scenery items or place holders can be set and then the whole thing imported into TS12. In a year or so maybe TANE SP4 or TRS19 SP1 will be stable enough to consider.

Bob Pearson

Remember this program?
The EBT-PRR-McKelvey track plan in 04:

Remember-this-one---TrainzMap.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, it came on the TRS2006 DVD too. AssetX came long after I gave up adding assets to TRS2004. I had so many assets that it took about 30 minutes for it to start after adding anything. I still have the World folder on a drive which I use to import my old routes. I let newer versions of assets download from the DLS when available but if they turn up as unknown then I install them from the TRS2004 folder by drag and dropping the asset folder into TANE CM.

William

Last edited:
TRS2006 had Vistamare Trainzmap as an added Xtra on the SP1, build 3337 disc, but it refused to work from the disc, but when the VistaMare site was available (which has disappeared), I was able to get it running, and it worked perfectly !

I think TRS2004 is a bit too antiquated, but is is interesting on how to get legacy Trainz versions, and Trainz Objects program running

Back