Experience with Cyberpower?

jfweaver

Trainz Carpenter
Anyone have experience buying a computer from Cyberpower? In general, were you satisfied? When they say "major brand" do they really mean it? When they mention a specific brand for an extra charge (such as Mushkin or EVGA) is it worth the additional cost? I'm a bit sceptical because I've never thought of their extra cost brands as being much more than average.

Jim

I've checked them out before along with ibuypower. The words major brand got me a little worried. I like to know what I'm getting. As for the memory, one of the sites was selling memory with heat spreaders(to dissapate heat faster)can't remember which one though. That memory is usually higher priced, maybe that's what mushkin,evga memory is, even if they're not, mushkin is a little higher in price than other brands. Don't know about evga.

I've checked them out before along with ibuypower. The words major brand got me a little worried. I like to know what I'm getting. As for the memory, one of the sites was selling memory with heat spreaders(to dissapate heat faster)can't remember which one though. That memory is usually higher priced, maybe that's what mushkin,evga memory is, even if they're not, mushkin is a little higher in price than other brands. Don't know about evga.

EVGA is an excellent company. I have one of their motherboards and their NVIDA 8800GTS cards. Both pieces of hardware are very stable.

I've never heard about Cyberpower eaither, but their reseller ratings are excellent. I have Crucial memory with the heat spreaders on them. It's worth the extra cost because RAM gets pretty warm in the new systems.

John

Back