CALLING ALL COMPUTER TECHS : Lets Clear things up !

I've just got at 9600GT (arrived this weekend). The increase in FPS over my ancient ATI 9600 is fantastic BUT I can't get the anti-aliasing to work. I have set it up in the NVIDIA control panel but no matter what value I use it makes no difference. This makes the image quality worse than the old ATI card which is rather annoying given the >£100 spent on the card. Anyone else have this problem with NVIDIA?

Step one did you remove all traces of the old ATI driver?

Cheerio Jodn

Yep - it is a new build so it is a fresh XP home install with only TRS2004 and IL2 Pacific Fighters. Seems the guys on the flight sim forums have been having problems with AA and Forceware 17x.xx onwards. Trouble is, only these driver versions support the 9600GT.

I've just got at 9600GT (arrived this weekend). The increase in FPS over my ancient ATI 9600 is fantastic BUT I can't get the anti-aliasing to work. I have set it up in the NVIDIA control panel but no matter what value I use it makes no difference. This makes the image quality worse than the old ATI card which is rather annoying given the >£100 spent on the card. Anyone else have this problem with NVIDIA?

It is a known problem with some of the recent versions of the drivers though I thought I have read that the latest beta driver 174.74 has fixed it.

John

Thanks for the heads up on the new 174.74 beta, John This solves the problem if you add trainz.exe to the profile list.

Back