Australian screenshots

For the most part you don't see big black streams of smoke from a steamer, except for oil fired or if you have a very poor fireman/coal. You might see a small amount (take a look at my steamers when they're stationary), but not overly much. When a loco is working, you will see a fair bit of steam, seeing as that is what it's using.

Of course, the current settings aren't perfect. But with tweaking I'm pretty sure it can be gotten pretty close (the main issue is that you either have this dirty, black smoke all the time or fluffy white steam all the time, it would be good to be able to have the new animated smoke/steam from TC3 that is also affected by the regulator/cutoff settings).

But, at least in my own travels behind preserved locos, I've not seen lots of black smoke (again except for oilies).

Zec

S class in red

s303red.jpg

This time with red deflectors.

Bill.

Albion Park

Screen_022.gif

620/720 railcar waiting for south bound service, with shellharbour/dumore blue metal freight waiting..

Screen_006.gif

finally the south bound service arrives at albion park, crossing creamery rd old co-op.

Change Here For The Bell Branch!!!!

ITS SO SMALL AND CUTE! I LOVE IT! :hehe:

...Now thats obsession!

Cheers!
Mitch

Hello All

Dear Dreddman Can I Please Beta Test Your AC16 & Your BB18 Or Just Let Me Know When The B13 & B181/4 Need Beta Testing;) And Please Dreddman While You Are In The Garden City CheckOut QR C16 106.

Since I A Railway Commissioner & Fan Of QLD, NSW, SA, Tasmania, Vic & England. So Dear Davio I Have A Old Picture From The Old NSWGR HQ And its A Picture Of C38 Class Leader 3801 With The Central West Express But Its Dated 1949. Just To Let The Royal NSW Trainz Battalion Know!!!!!

Well Mr Mitch, The B13 Wasn't The Smallest Locomotive With QGR, I Think As QGR Commissioner That The Great Smallest Locomotive Types was..

The D16
(No Photo Becuase The QR Archives Have Them In The Storage Section)

The D17
d17-1.jpg

The B131/2 "Pompey"

b13half-1.jpg
@ QGR Archives

Finally Some QGR Screenshots

Dreddman's E.A.P QR C17 No.705 Simmers On The Forkline
( I Had A Look At The Builder Plate And It E.A.P So No Walkers C17's Or A & W!!!):eek:
trainz89_20090912_0001.jpg

QR 1600 Class 1109 Crossing Fallow Creek With A Brisbane Bound Stock Train
trainz89_20090912_0002.jpg

QR RM 2034 & 2038 Waiting On The Southern Section Of The Forkline With The Station In The Background
trainz89_20090912_0019.jpg

QR 1924 PB15 No. 732 Waits A Home Signal
trainz89_20090913_0004.jpg
P.S I Will Make A QGR 155th Anniversary Train In My Next Post And Guess What Locomotives That Wil Haul The Train......​

Kind Regards​

Michael G.​

QGR Commissioner​

Last edited:
Dave, question... What's with the 'old' smoke effects? :p

Seriously though. They're looking good, although I might prefer the second one :p

Zec
Yeah Zec, I haven't done anything about changing the smoke yet (slack, maybe burnt out :( ) but mainly because I'm not 100% happy with anything that we've tried. As you and Peter have said, at speed they don't billow loads of smoke.
Twinkles is so tedious but at the moment it seems the only solution.
If only I could summon the enthusiasm :'(
Maybe a few more screenies will help ;)

@3830 ...thanks for the comments....which werd did you lern?
@Taggy ....don't be scared, it's only a train!!!!

Cheers
Davido

Trains

I dont want to seem annoying here but it has been a while since any mention of progress on the v sets has been made on this forum
i know there are other trains to drive in the simulator
maybe there hasnt been any progress and thats alright with me
fsx_trainz

Last edited:
Nice Screenshots all :D ! Some very nice content and routes in the making :cool: !

A few small items from me, probably the last content from me for a little while now as I'm getting married in a couple of weeks :eek: :hehe: !

A couple for the Sydneysiders...

0305e.jpg

I will also make a version without the advertising :) .

and a matching sign...

busstopf.jpg

Cheers,:wave:

Matt

I dont want to seem annoying here but it has been a while since any mention of progress on the v sets has been made on this forum
i know there are other trains to drive in the simulator
maybe there hasnt been any progress and thats alright with me
fsx_trainz

Yep, no progress...........

Davido

Well Mr Mitch, The B13 Wasn't The Smallest Locomotive With QGR

Thank you, although I realised it wasn't the smallest loco that QR had, I didn't know what was, and my guess would have been the A10. The B13 on the other hand did catch my eye, as I like its small size with a tender.

I always did think that QR's tank engines looked kinda bulky, but that just adds character, and more reason to like them. :cool:

Thanks again!
(Mr) Mitch
________
Mazda 626 History

Last edited:
Beware - The Strangler Seats

Screen_863.jpg

Talk about neck support, this is ridiculous:D:cool:

Davido

Oh, interior of one of Nats passenger wagons he lost in a HDD crash :(

Nice screenshots all,

someone was looking for a floodway (causeway) a shortwhile ago I hope this will do the job. :wave:

Variations can be made if requested.

floodway4.jpg

should be available soooooooon. :confused:

Cheers,

Bill.

Nice screenshots all,

someone was looking for a floodway (causeway) a shortwhile ago I hope this will do the job. :wave:

Variations can be made if requested.

floodway4.jpg

should be available soooooooon. :confused:

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,
"S. Oon" here. That is awesome!!. :D
Absolutely wonderful!.

Thankyouthankyou thank you (etcs).:wave:

YAWm2AC (Yet another Willem2 Amazing creation)

Here's a screenie of mine.

taggy_20090916_0000.jpg

This is one taken by a gunzel at the truck stop near the Eukowa River. It is the midday service formed by 628/728.

Something I threw together in TRS2009, WBE - a fictional representation of the old signal box and station masters residence at Yarongmulu. Its NOT prototypical, but it was never meant to be.

QR 1529 Up Empty Stock heads into the loop, to await a cross with a down goods.

muliebuck200909160000.jpg

With the hiss of airbrakes, 1529 continues to slow, passing some of the lovingly tended gardens at Yarongmulu.
muliebuck200909160001.jpg

1529 eases up to the home signal on the mainline, awaiting the cross for the down train, with the station masters house in the background.
muliebuck200909160003.jpg

It is a fictional three board modular route (at present) and may well be uploaded to the Auran Download Station for others to use as they wish - either as an extension of an existing route, or using it as a starting point for a new route. All dependencies, bar Pikkabird's QR 1520 class (available from his website, which is located at www.pikkarail.com ) *should* be on the Auran DLS (I will confirm this before uploading), with this route having tunnels at either end of the route, and designed as a north/south facing route (when in reality, the real location is more east/west).

Last edited:
Davido, I thought you stopped making trains? Or are you back into making trains, because I hve never seen a steam engine made by you before. It looks great!

Davido, I thought you stopped making trains? Or are you back into making trains, because I hve never seen a steam engine made by you before. It looks great!
Thanks Alex,
Yes I'm just plodding along.
I'm having a bit of a fiddle with DEM data at the moment, just for a change. :D

Cheers
Davido

Back