Australian screenshots

Just added a bit more to Circular Quay Station.
2016_07_20_175404.jpg

Don't pick me on the class of businesses operating on GF level.
2016_07_20_175637.jpg

It's amazing what you DON'T remember after spending 40 odd years travelling the City Circle line. I always thought the tunnel portals at each end of Circular Quay were rounded just like the tunnels themselves. Google Images soon cleared that up - now I've got to change mine over to something simple.
circular_quay01.jpg

Also the roof over the platform area is curved, not flat, like the area above the tracks.
Circular_quay_railway_station_platform_2.jpg

Ah well, back to the drawing board. That's what I like about Trainz,... It doesn't cost you a fortune to make major repairs to a route.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

Just added a bit more to Circular Quay Station.
2016_07_20_175404.jpg

Don't pick me on the class of businesses operating on GF level.
2016_07_20_175637.jpg

It's amazing what you DON'T remember after spending 40 odd years travelling the City Circle line. I always thought the tunnel portals at each end of Circular Quay were rounded just like the tunnels themselves. Google Images soon cleared that up - now I've got to change mine over to something simple.
circular_quay01.jpg

Also the roof over the platform area is curved, not flat, like the area above the tracks.
Circular_quay_railway_station_platform_2.jpg

Ah well, back to the drawing board. That's what I like about Trainz,... It doesn't cost you a fortune to make major repairs to a route.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

nice job so far there roy , when you get to central you going too add the Sydney light rail at central also ..??
should look great when it been done & love all the screenshots you have been taking roy

James

Thanks everyone for the kind words, it's always good to get some feedback.
Rastis, I wish I could do urban landscapes as good as you, I can never seem to get roads right.
Roy, your Circular Quay station looks awesome, if you worry too much about what business goes where you'll never get it done.:p
Another couple from testing line between Gerogery and Culcairn
L251 and NR45 with empty grain wagons
f2d58a51457c60a60b41dee62be8d60e.jpg

3b2702fe962d7c5d528959bd185e1ab1.jpg

Cheers,
Graeme

@hiyo

Asked by a friend to make a route that he could show off his models on - but its turned into a full on project. He wanted something based off Broadmeadow in Newcastle.

nice job so far there roy , when you get to central you going too add the Sydney light rail at central also ..??
should look great when it been done & love all the screenshots you have been taking roy

James

Thanks James, I originally started this layout just as a diorama to take screenshots or short videos viewed from a train or at specific camera angles that take in track level shots.

I initially thought I would create the City Circle stations on a single baseboard which I could use to copy and paste onto my Sydney Central layout. However it is more practical to lay it out as a separate route which could be 'merged' to another route.

My creating the City Circle underground as an add-on to my Sydney Central will give me 'cab-shots' only and won't be a 'thrill-a-minute'. Filming the inside of a tunnel is pretty boring. I have no intention of building the Sydney CBD in detail or expanding the light rail past what can be seen from Central Station itself.

However I would like to make my Circular Quay, another specific part of the diorama to take screenshots that overlook the harbour, so I'll give that area much greater detail. There will be no exterior detail surrounding the other subway stations.

Once merged with my Sydney Central route, the portals will spit out trains continuously.
2016_07_21_101638.jpg

From the stairs leading into Museum Station with a Tangara on the opposite platform awaiting departure to St James.

2016_07_21_101312.jpg

Museum Station Platform 1 a Tangara waits while passengers alight. I have just added some of the new animated 'People' to liven things up.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

hey there roy great shots of train stations again, i'm sure i'm not the only one who is waiting to get a copy of the route your currently working on keep up the great work

Lineup of the 49's with their new liveries.
Tom has done a great job adding ARN to the Candy and NSWGR Tuscan livery. The others have only a couple in each so will be manually done.
A few more other liveries to go yet :D

Cheers
David

At the top right side of the screen is a button which looks like a strip of film. Clicking on it takes a screenshot. To then retrieve the screenshot, navigate to your user data folder shown on the settings tab of the launcher( may have to go view tab in explorer and show hidden files and folders first) and within that folder is a screenshots folder. right click on the screenshots folder and send to desktop as a shortcut. you now have access to your screenshots from the desktop.
hope that helps,
cheers,
Graeme

After that you can use a place on the net tosave the screenshotz where you can pic a link for forums (dropbox? or similar).

Last edited:
Back