Australian screenshots

It is about time we see some screenshots here :p. Right? OK, here we go with triple Gs doing what they do best, pulling freight (click the thumbnails):

The PN G Class is almost finished, only a few small details to be added. Then on to the next version of the Gs.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hi VB. So far, they look great. My only dig is (yes, here we go LOL) that I've never seen a G Class with the numbers on the side of it. (i've only seen these ones here) I have however, seen BL Classes with the numbers on the side. (i.e. here) - I'm not saying this didn't happen however. The windscreen looks a little bit too angled as well - it should be almost flat along the cab

G Classes also seem to have a slightly brighter yellow than what's being used here.

Last edited:
Hi VB. So far, they look great. My only dig is (yes, here we go LOL) that I've never seen a G Class with the numbers on the side of it. (i've only seen these ones here) I have however, seen BL Classes with the numbers on the side. (i.e. here) - I'm not saying this didn't happen however. The windscreen looks a little bit too angled as well - it should be almost flat along the cab

G Classes also seem to have a slightly brighter yellow than what's being used here.

Jeez... here we go, why can't a creator create his/her creations without criticism? One simple rule for all NITPICKERS:

You don't like it, DO NOT USE IT. Simple!

I have the drawings of the G/BL Class and one would have thought I would know how to get the right rake of the windscreen from these. Check below pics for the CORRECT RAKE. Re the numbers on the side of a PN G Class. look here, some G Classes DO HAVE THEM, some don't:

PN-522.jpg

PN-522a.jpg

And if someone says, my PN G Class has white numbers on front and rear without the dark borders around, some do, some don't. Stiff cheddar if someone does not like how I create these, if someone thinks he/she can do a BETTER JOB, well, START CREATING.

PN-Ga.jpg

PN-G.jpg

The rake of the windscreen below is like the angle of the side window frame on its front and you tell me mine is too angled?

PN-Gc.jpg

Brighter yellow? My @rse, only when these are freshly painted. I paint my locomotives slightly dirty and bleached by the sun, as is in REAL life. Criticism is a creators put off, I can understand CONSTRUCTIVE criticism but please leave it to me HOW I CREATE MY LOCOMOTIVES! PERIOD!

No created locomotive on the DLS is 100% correct, neither are my creations, You don't like them, DONT D/LOAD THEM. Easy.

This really puts a spanner in my creating spirit.

Not so cheery

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
Hi Vinny,

Please don't be discouraged by Jamie's comments as I believe they were only intended as constructive criticism. As a creator I can understand where you are coming from in terms of 'nitpicking', and ultimately it is up to the creator to determine when a model is finished for their liking. People like Jamie, myself and a few others could be considered 'rivet counters' as we like to model things as close to the real life counterpart as humanly possible, whether by using plans or actually going out to measure what we are creating. You are a very talented modeller Vinny, no one is denying that nor telling you how to create your models, which do look good, Jamie is simply giving you constructive criticism to help you get the model as close as possible to the real life counterpart. What you do with that constructive criticism is entirely up to you.

In regards to the side numbers, I can say that both of you are correct, G522 however is the only G Class painted in Pacific National with the side numbers. All the rest have the old style Victorian number plate (525, 527, 530, 531, 536 and 540).

Back to screenshots...
Y100 places 3 red carded log wagons in the shed as it drizzles over TGA Rail Workshops on a cold Winters morning...
e4d6fbae8bfa7200fc0b1fdcf363b9b8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Vinny,

These are the only Side Numbers on G Class for both pre- Pacific National and Pacific National

http://victorianrailways.net/motive power/gdiesel/g523ros.jpg

http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/7/0/8/1708.1258721833.jpg

Also, a render of the Updating for the P Class, I'm not happy on how I've built the cab at this stage, just doesn't look right to me, I either have the sides too low or I have the back body to low as the sides of the cab is to align with the height of the body.

pclass27_zpsa169dc26.png

The bogeys under it on this render are the later type used on the Series 5 and Series 6 T Class, the Series 6 where later known as H Class.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Wow bit over the top there VB I'm sure Jamie was only trying to help but anyway each to their own i spose.
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Nice work Montana Timo's F7 would have to be one of my all time favorite loco.
3a01a3dc834bdadc5ebdfbc8158c8102.jpg

Cheers Mick.:wave:
P.S Excuse the SW Skin i spent a fair while on it only to put it next to Timo's and noticed i'm not even close with the green.
And as per my usual project in a weekend here is a Freight Australia VQCX

Last edited:

A short test of the new smoke effects that I've been working on for my DD class steamers :)

Very happy with how they're going so far :)

Zec

Hi, I need your help please. In the picture below (click its thumbnail for a larger pic), is the colour right for a somewhat dirty Freight Australia G Class? Does it need more green, perhaps lighter, darker or is it somewhat right? Nothing else to look at or to pick on, (this is after all the PN version in green paint) and this is a test only, ONLY its colour is important for my next project. The side of the G Class is somewhat in the shade, this will make it darker than it should be. The angled sides of the roof are closer to the colour I placed on it:

Thank you for any help and tips :wave:.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hi, I need your help please. In the picture below (click its thumbnail for a larger pic), is the colour right for a somewhat dirty Freight Australia G Class? Does it need more green, perhaps lighter, darker or is it somewhat right? Nothing else to look at or to pick on, (this is after all the PN version in green paint) and this is a test only, ONLY its colour is important for my next project. The side of the G Class is somewhat in the shade, this will make it darker than it should be. The angled sides of the roof are closer to the colour I placed on it:

Thank you for any help and tips :wave:.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Timo seems to have tied it down about right. I do remember them as pretty shiny though even as they aged :D
8465080.jpg

You can download the model here
Timo F7 in Freight Australia

Cheers
Rod

Indeed. I got a PM from Rod;the values you could try VB are the following...

Green; RGB 29, 39, 30
Yellow; RGB 255, 200, 81

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim and Rod, these green RGB numbers above turn out to be almost black, this can not be right. However Azervich's numbers of FV/FA Green RGB 46,87,53. are more to the right colour and are these in the screen shots below:

However, to my eyes, the green is still not dark enough. What do you all think? Shall I leave it at that or perhaps make it a little bit darker? Brand new paint is shiny and has the right colours on a locomotive but looks unrealistic. How many newly painted locomotives are running around at a given time in a given place compared to grimy, dusty, sun bleached paint coats etc. which are usually darker looking than than when on its first day painted.

Thank you all for helping me in picking the right colour. Don't forget, the green locomotive above is a PN version, just painted green for testing the Freight Australia colours.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Back