Australian screenshots

I have been playing around with the NSWGR 30T class and have come up with 10 different variations in both lined and unlined as well as saturated and super heater versions to try and cover most of the major versions. There is of course a range of tenders to suit as well - the 30 class Tank loco when converted to tender engines never got tenders built of their own they were just given what ever tender was around unused at the time.

I will be ...."filling up the DLS with useless crap"...... again soon

PS the 30 class tank version were know as the 30 class and the tender version were the 30T class

nswgr_46class_20150102_0000_zpse372f5cc.jpg

nswgr_46class_20150102_0003_zps299aca7b.jpg

Nice Bluebirds, but I think you'll find the personal attacks, rude language and questioning the mods decision is the reason you received the silent treatment for a while, rather than any favourites.

Leave it out now, it's getting tiring and is technically still against the CoC

on a more positive note: TANE looks ridiculously good

Rude language? Where is Vinny using rude language in his post? I can think of a couple of reasons why Vinny posted what he posted but this is not for here to discuss or to debate.

Perhaps a delayed hangover by you?

One thing I agree with you, nice Bluebirds indeed.

Lennard

Does anyone know how to transfer content from one laptop to another as I recently purchased a new one and want to keep all my work

G'day!

@M60 Copy your "local" folder onto an external HDD and then plug that HDD into your new laptop. Next open CMP, go File > Import Content > (external HDD's drive) > local

Then click OK.

Cheers!

Jake.

Many reasons = one is changing livery scripts in the past have been quite complex and unreliable and to make items as simple as possible and easy to future proof the less compiled the asset the better, IE one proof of this is the auto numbering that is OK in pre H4 TS12 but now not working in the post SP4 TS12. From experience most people do not use the "?" function to control items of rolling stock anyway.

Its going to hard enough putting up with the flood of emails I will get over the next 2 weeks asking for help getting them to run in a trainz version they were never released for and persons asking for pet versions with out having to fault find for all the people who for what every reason have issues running a complex script that just happens to not like there trainz install or another script on there systems than just happen to clash with mine.

In the case of the 30 class most changes are in fact mesh changes not livery changes - with the 36 and 38 class I found out that as soon as you do not offer one particular loco in a class group there is someone requesting there own person favorite.

As to the 30 class I was actual only going to release that variety that I was interested in being the changes done to the 30's by the fitters at the Cowra loco depot but these locos would be such a low demanded item and of almost of no use to any other NSWGR modeler tht I was try to be kind to all.

That being said I use the DLS as a cloud backup system for my models so to speak - in reality I am very selfish and really are only producing 3D assets that I am interested in and quite happy that if you do not want to use an item to have you down load it from the DLS in the first place. I did warn, as I have been accused of doing in the past, I was going to filling up the DLS with useless junk.

Also it not worth going to to much trouble as the number of downloads a NSWGR based items gets compared to what an North American based asset gets are staggering . Most of my NSWGR specific items on average get 100 downloads where my USA outline items get 500,000 for me its not worth putting to much effort into something that is for such a limited market anyway.

I wonder if you could use scripts to still have all those different liveries, but fewer assets, which could also make it easier to find the content in a list.
Just a thought.

NSWGR_46Class;1357045 I will be ...."filling up the DLS with useless crap"...... again soon [/QUOTE said:
This line is obviously directed at me Bearcat as you can not let bygones be bygones so ya know what ?, I've tried to get along here by posting the occasional pic ( Sumthing despite your apparent experience here you still can not post a pic worth a dam ) but the constant rubbish you sprout has finally done me in you win man you are the best there is here. The little time i have on a weekend when home is better spent with sumthing i actually enjoy not coming here to read your constant meanderings and other dribble you carry on with, One day my sig is not appropriate for you the next i have not released any content and you have to make an issue out of that and in the end your just not worth my time and you make this hobby less enjoyable and this thread and forum a place not worth visiting anymore.

What's up with people taking constant shots at each other? Aren't we meant to use this thread to share screenshots of our routes and content, not have a go at one another? Seems unnecessary.

can someone tell me if PEV mesh viewer has issues with displaying 32 bit colours? I'm making some textures in psp 32 bit and although the textures follow all the trs rules for dimensions etc, when I look at the mesh in mesh viewer it is white and throws up cannot display errors for anything that is not 16 bit. More importantly, is anyone using a 32 bit or even 64 bit graphics program having difficulty with the textures in trs?

cheers
Pete

Yes it does have issues with 32 bit colours and will display them as white, it will tell you that trainz can only use 24 bit colours. I normally save as 24 bit which it is happy with.

Trainz itself in theory should handle a 32 bit TGA but make sure it is an uncompressed TGA.
can someone tell me if PEV mesh viewer has issues with displaying 32 bit colours? I'm making some textures in psp 32 bit and although the textures follow all the trs rules for dimensions etc, when I look at the mesh in mesh viewer it is white and throws up cannot display errors for anything that is not 16 bit. More importantly, is anyone using a 32 bit or even 64 bit graphics program having difficulty with the textures in trs?

cheers
Pete

Last edited:
The scenery on a route is probably the most dreaded part to me to do on a route. Just completed the scenery on one of my routes. Just need more trees. Any suggestions, please let me know.

A Sydney bound Endeavour is seen passing the Moss Vale location board in the late afternoon light.

-Eno Silvie

Back