Australian screenshots

My q is this, the trip took 51 mins to complete, and thats going via Homebush not Central. Do you feel this is a tad too long? Do I end the route at Hornsby to shave off some 20 odd mins? Being new at this not sure what a player would expect and wondering at what stage is a route too long.

Val.
Well if we're looking at how long is too long, yours is a tiddler compared to mine. My route is over 400kms and includes standard and broad gauge and just on the final stretch of texturing and detailing, so don't let length be your guide. I started it in July last year and with final detailing and testing, I'll be lucky to have it done by the end of the year. Spend time on your detailing, you want something to hold your customers attention. I try to make mine both believable and workable even if it's not 100% prototypical and HD textures and assets help a lot with that. Release it when you are happy with it, which is something only you can decide.
cheers
Graeme

I'll throw mine up... 20 miles of speeds between 10 and 25MPH the whole way. Takes well over 1.5 hours to do that section. And that's just the final 20 miles of the line, all up the branchline is 60 miles long :O Let alone another umpteen number of miles of mainline to do after that...

I recently drove on a mate's route based on Melbourne to Bendigo/Ballarat. I only did a partial run (Melbourne to Castlemaine, then across to Maldon) but that was still 90 miles taking several hours to complete.

The main thing IMO is to model what looks realistic, and provide things for the player to 'see' along the way. Being suburban, but with goods services, type of route you'll have interesting operations. I'd personally find it fun to run a goods following a 'stopping all stations' suburban train; the goods will become a challenge stopping and starting on grades, etc. :)

Regards
Zec

HeyRoy

To be totally honest, Davids wire set is the best option for NSW Electric maps. It is an absolute pain in the arse to place but it looks sensational when its done! Trust me, I'm very anal with the wire laying and always do my best to place it in the right spot, otherwise it looks awful. Its a big project and I'm currently doing it on the South Coast line. The excellent EMU models from David and Daniel are a constant source of inspiration.

Thanks Aaron for your feedback. I have to agree with you, Davido's combination of wire and catenary really do look the best when they are placed accurately.

However, it would be nice if those two assets could be attached to a good pro-track as a single asset.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I was testing out several of Hirochi's creations and modifying the config with NSW procedural track instead. If the catenary could be changed to Davidos model, then laying track and cats would be far simpler for everyone.

Does anyone know whether that can be achieved ??

Here are a couple of shots showing three types of catenary. (Not as good as Davido)

ff17ab74f42aaaf02d6af5d9a328bb69.jpg

From left, a single cross-beam but with an electrical power line above it. Then the double cross-beam in the centre. On the right is a split gantry (single on either side).
8878d0fb1919f767cded22a8f6db2a8f.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Well if we're looking at how long is too long, yours is a tiddler compared to mine. My route is over 400kms and includes standard and broad gauge and just on the final stretch of texturing and detailing, so don't let length be your guide. I started it in July last year and with final detailing and testing, I'll be lucky to have it done by the end of the year. Spend time on your detailing, you want something to hold your customers attention. I try to make mine both believable and workable even if it's not 100% prototypical and HD textures and assets help a lot with that. Release it when you are happy with it, which is something only you can decide.
cheers
Graeme

haha Graeme, makes me feel much better seeing your comment. Just wasn't sure...now I more relaxed with it. Trackside detail is where I am and like you can see it taking much longer than first anticipated.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. The only way to learn is by listening to others who are much further 'down the track' than I am.

Cheers, Val.

Nice shots everyone.
Roy, have you tried the Victorian cat and gantry on the DS?

A couple of Orbost (Tom's route)
85c79f04e9f7d708aa5662376c20f55b.jpg

940693453676f2d1dd7ddb94b255fac5.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Speaking of the time it takes to do routes, the Geelong to Warnambool line I'm working on takes about 3 1/2 hours on a passenger train with a T Class diesel with top speeds of 90km/h on down grade/level track over a distance of 194.74km, steam locos take 4-5 hours.

Cheers.

A hello to VicTrainz people.
Do any of the VLine passenger cars (apart from "orange livery") work in TANE?
Red Blue White and New Livery come up as faulty - and I'm wondering if there is later version to be found.
Thanks
Cheers
NickE

Had some time to do some building, now only 4 kms from Longwood.
Here are some shots around Creighton and Euroa
Creighton
6efe2834104ebb16045a1fbbf83d7668.jpg

Creighton Creek
cd6e6fad5009eb9325b706d2120636f9.jpg

Euroa
0e41e02e66f8a4012bb0cf5daa67dc9d.jpg

Creighton Hills
348300a3956b04a26df702858a24dc24.jpg

Creighton
ff6886156f06109276ea0f167b4c38c2.jpg

cf5731afb80cd7f4177e494ef54491ac.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Wonderful shots Graeme. Your route is looking incredible. They'll be queuing-up for this one.

It's been a long journey mate, but so good to see the light at the end of the tunnel,... pun ... lol.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks TrainzPlayer14 and Roy for the kind words. I've almost finished the structures in Longwood and about to start laying roads to Avenel. I'm also getting close to Murchison on the Goulburn Murray route.
cheers
Graeme

Very nice Graeme,

Hey all,

Next week I'll be putting the VSX on the DLS, I've been quiet for some time about them as I've been doing work on and off as well as research,

21106471_10159112573165543_361306610107700378_n.jpg

Wagons t1a - 1972+, t2a - 1973+, t2b - 1974+ and t2c - 1975+ are completed, these are lightly weathered to represent as-built, they cover number groups 801 to 850, 851 to 859, 860 to 999 and 1000 to 1050, they have four LOD's on both animated doors and body and will be in both BG and SG like other bogie exchange stock I've released, at this stage I'm going to release up to 1980.

Cheers.

Nice work Azervich - We need quality rolling-stock!... Keep it up mate.

I've been detailing the Lavender Bay area of my route, and this time, I'm including the holding-yard for some of the North Shore line which butts up against Luna Park. I'm thinking I may incorporate this area into a session when I get closer to finishing.

Here an 8 car Millennium 'M' Set pops out of the tunnel at Lavender Bay heading for the yard.

3a812f8327bbd927526d7c2e873659f7.jpg

The driver takes a glimpse of the bay and the boats at mooring with the bridge and skyline as a backdrop.
c18148b3ec7515c73fa44affe7dc3e90.jpg

400 metres and it's the end of the morning shift.
afa73fba418c1742e27eb9694ee5412d.jpg

Shut-down, no accidents and time for a cool-one!
e0bb8c6a49b49f275be2337d5529c226.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Back