Favorite US Railroad?

Hmmm... Lemme see...

(Borrowed from PerRock :D)

Passenger: Amtrak (Not many other choices ;))
Commuter: Metra
Interurban: Chicago, North Shore and Milwaukee
Class 1: Union Pacific
Shortline/Regional: Elgin, Joliet and Eastern
Fallen Flag Class 1: C&NW or Milwaukee Road (Can't decide :p)
Transit: CTA

As far as others go...

DM&IR
Soo Line
GTW
New York Central
PRR
New Haven
Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
ATSF
Southern Pacific
Canadian Pacific
Canadian National
BC Rail
Kenosha Light Rail
Chicago, South Shore and South Bend
Chicago, Aurora and Elgin
Indiana Harbor Belt
Belt Railway of Chicago
BNSF
Norfolk & Southern
CSX
Wisconsin & Southern
Wisconsin Central
Wisconsin and Calumet
Illinois Terminal
Monon
Rio Grande

Wow, great thread trainzers!

My favorite railline is the Butte, Anaconda & Pacific.

The Montana Rail Link, MILW, and BNSF are all tied for second.

not in order, just a list.
PRR
Penn Central
Central Penn(new railroad running the old Stourbridge line)
Laxawaxin and Stourbridge
ATSF (hell yeah)
BN
BNSF
LV
Reading
Reading and Northern
NYC
New Jersey Central
Chessie
Conrail(they have grown on me)
Rio Grande
SP
Bangor and Aroostok (SP?)
Erie Lakawana
Suzie Q (ok i saw one S2 painted in this scheme and i have no clue what the Suzie Q RR is but i know that that is its nickname. It is something with Susquahanna. If any knows what the real name is let me know.)
L&N

Kansas City Southern
Norfolk Southern
Montana Rail Link
Wisconsin Southern
Wheeling & Lake Erie
CSX
Canadian National

well my favorites are all about wouldhave, couldhabe, shouldhave been.

like if the nevada county narrow gauge and the sacramento northern (interurban) where where still running, but with the kinds of modern equipment (and track standards!) you see in europe and japan.

my favoritest in the world, though i've never been to any of them, would have to be like the darjeeling and the ffestiniog, and most of the PRE-shinkansen m.u.'s in japan.

i think the old w.p.'s feather river line, i liked that too (yes its still there, under u.p. yellow) but they needed to have run more frequent passinger schedules (for my happiness, i have no idea what it would have done for their profits, probably destroyed them entirely)

the s.p. on donner summit is what i grew up on of course, and i wish they could have made linch their ceo like he wanted to be, instead of brining in that damd biagini, well nothing personal, he did say hi to me once, but i think his ideas about how to run things kindof really contributed to messing things up. (but so did american politics, and i know you don't want to get me started on THAT one)

rotary snow plows in the winter time were definately a sight to see, when i lived up there where i could actually watch and see them working.

(i would also, my imaginary sierra midland, running north-south allong the 2000, to 2500 ft elevation line in the western sierra's, as a meter gauge preferably, but standard or any other would be ok too. linking all the east west shortlines (and the sp, and wp mainlines) into the sierra's, and roughly paralleling highway 49, providing passinger sevice, like the meter gauge lines in switzerlan, all up and down there. interchange with the sp and auburn or colfax and with the wp somewhere arround clio or grey eagle)

=^^=
.../\...

Last edited:
My Favorete railroads are...

• BNSF
  • Arkansas and Missouri Railroad
  • Kiamichi RR
  • Stillwater Central RR
  • Grainbelt/Farmrail
  • Alabama and Gulf Coast RR
I like these because they travel through my favorete city and I like the ones below because of the colour scheme.:D
  • VIA Rail
  • CSX

Last edited:
Back