TRS 22 surveyor 2.0, scrapbook

reiserolli

Hi,
I can't add track objects to a track. In my case it's the combination of tower mast with outriggers. SIgnals are the same.
Is there anyone with the same problems?

As far as I am aware, because I don't use them, catanary objects are not track objects. They are splines and are completely independent of the tracks. Can you identify the exact objects or parts (by their kuids) that you are trying to add to the track?

scrapbook

As far as I am aware, because I don't use them, catanary objects are not track objects. They are splines and are completely independent of the tracks. Can you identify the exact objects or parts (by their kuids) that you are trying to add to the track?

the combined parts I wish to place along the track are:
<kuid:42778:32527>
<kuid:42778:34160>
<kuid:42778:34232:1>
In my Trainz 22 + Version they are defined as track-pbjects.

Those objects:-

<kuid2:42778:34160:1> <-- kuid updated
<kuid:42778:34232> <-- kuid corrected

are, as you mentioned, track objects and have to be placed individually (left mouse click by left mouse click, one click at a time) along the length of the track. They are the stanchion posts and cable supports. The cable is obviously a separate asset.

I was able to install them along the track using the Placement Tool with the asset palette object filter set to Track Objects and the name filter set to "Turmmast EPB1300 N vka07" for the posts and then to "ausl gm6050 A c", etc for the supports.

scrapbook

Those objects:-

<kuid2:42778:34160:1> <-- kuid updated
<kuid:42778:34232> <-- kuid corrected

are, as you mentioned, track objects and have to be placed individually (left mouse click by left mouse click, one click at a time) along the length of the track. They are the stanchion posts and cable supports. The cable is obviously a separate asset.

I was able to install them along the track using the Placement Tool with the asset palette object filter set to Track Objects and the name filter set to "Turmmast EPB1300 N vka07" for the posts and then to "ausl gm6050 A c", etc for the supports.

placing them individually is not the problem. I would like to use the combination of the 3 assets from the scrapbook.
I suppose the reported bug: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Tools#skip_Edit_Effect_Layers... is the Problem.

Last edited:
placing them individually is not the problem. I would like to use the combination of the 3 assets from the scrapbook.
I suppose the reported bug: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Tools#skip_Edit_Effect_Layers... is the Problem.

Now you have me puzzled.

This issue has nothing to do with "Effect Layers" as the assets have to be placed, not painted, onto the track. Where is the "reported bug" in the "Edit Effect Layers" section of the document you referenced in the link (and I wrote that document so I know).

What scrapbook? Is there a scrapbook asset that contains these items? If there is then I can see lots of problems with placing them onto existing track. Like effect layers, scrapbooks are normally painted into a route, not placed. However, they can be placed using the Paste command (Ctrl+V keys) but that would be extremely tricky to do and would not allow for curves or other features of the track. The only "scrapbook issue" is that scrapbooks cannot contain rolling stock objects.

Your statement "placing them individually is not the problem" means that there is no problem with these assets - from what I can see they are working exactly the way they are intended to work. You simply have to place them individually and then, somehow, add the wire as a spline. That is a lot of work.

Last edited:
scrapbook

Now you have me puzzled.

This issue has nothing to do with "Effect Layers" as the assets have to be placed, not painted, onto the track. Where is the "reported bug" in the "Edit Effect Layers" section of the document you referenced in the link (and I wrote that document so I know).

What scrapbook? Is there a scrapbook asset that contains these items? If there is then I can see lots of problems with placing them onto existing track. Like effect layers, scrapbooks are normally painted into a route, not placed. However, they can be placed using the Paste command (Ctrl+V keys) but that would be extremely tricky to do and would not allow for curves or other features of the track. The only "scrapbook issue" is that scrapbooks cannot contain rolling stock objects.

Your statement "placing them individually is not the problem" means that there is no problem with these assets - from what I can see they are working exactly the way they are intended to work. You simply have to place them individually and then, somehow, add the wire as a spline. That is a lot of work.

I assumed I could simplify the laying of the catenary using the srapbook method, but it doesn't seem to be working, which I attribute to the known bug:
"
Bug.png
Known Issues: Cloning does not work with Track Objects (signals, speed signs, switches, etc) but it does work with track spline and rolling stock objects. This has been reported as a bug."

"Known Issues: Cloning does not work with Track Objects (signals, speed signs, switches, etc) but it does work with track spline and rolling stock objects. This has been reported as a bug."

The cloning there refers to using the Ctrl+LeftClick+Drag keyboard and mouse operation to clone or duplicate selected objects. Track objects (attached to track) can be added to a scrapbook and then pasted into a route using the Ctrl+V keys or painted into a route using a scrapbook brush.

Addendum: Interesting, after running further tests on cloning track objects (not using the scrapbook) I now discover that they can now be cloned - and I am using the same Trainz version/build that I used before when those same track objects simply would not clone. Go figure!

Last edited:
The cloning there refers to using the Ctrl+LeftClick+Drag keyboard and mouse operation to clone or duplicate selected objects. Track objects (attached to track) can be added to a scrapbook and then pasted into a route using the Ctrl+V keys or painted into a route using a scrapbook .

Addendum: Interesting, after running further tests on cloning track objects (not using the scrapbook) I now discover that they can now be cloned - and I am using the same Trainz version/build that I used before when those same track objects simply would not clone. Go figure!

That's fantastic! It's amazing how much progress Trainz has made over the years. It's great to see that you can now clone track objects with the same version/build you were using before. It's a testament to the developers and the work they have put into making Trainz even better!

Last edited:
Back