New to TS22, trying to find some assets.

evan123

Hey all,

I used to build routes over a decade ago on Trainz, but haven't touched it since. I just recently picked up the latest version and have messed around with some of the pre built routes to get a hang of surveyor 2.0.

There were some questions I had that I just couldn't find out by searching through the forums so yet I must ask here in hopes that I can be pointed in the right direction!

1. If I was wanting to look for high-poly / high-LOD trees and other vegetation, where can I find this? 3rd party sites are totally OK, I'm just looking to move entirely away from the 2D trees / bushes & splines.

2. Can you recommend me some configurable industry tracks that I can use to setup inputs / outputs?

3. How well do AMD cards perform in TS22? I am on a 6900XT with relatively high / ultra graphics on the largest supported resolution but I struggle to get 30FPS. Is this to be expected?

Thanks for any guidance you are able to provide!

AMD cards are okay but are driver dependent. Some people have issues with shadows but if you're not suffering from that, don't worry.

Look on the DLS for Speed Trees made by RMM. The trees begin with ST_RMM and there are lots of them. They have Russian names, but the trees are the same as we have here, and you'll recognize them easily enough. There's a cheat-sheet with the tree names. If you want I can copy and paste it here. Roystrainz has a bunch, some built-in and lots that come with his Canadian Rockies routes. There are also good trees by Peter, aka Gawpo50, and some built-ins as well. Since you have TRS22+, you are entitled to all the DLC, and I recommend you download it all. This will give you access to all the trees and other content used in the routes. This is in addition to what's on the DLS.

There's a new BI3 series by MSGSAPPER. Look for his assets on the DLS and they begin with SAP. There are still lots of interactive industries and interactive industry track built in. For external connections you can use portals.

Searching for stuff on the forums is hit or miss. Your best bet is to use Google or Bing, or some other search engine. It's quicker and easier.

There's a cheat-sheet with the tree names. If you want I can copy and paste it here
I would love to have this. Thanks

AMD cards are okay but are driver dependent. Some people have issues with shadows but if you're not suffering from that, don't worry.

Look on the DLS for Speed Trees made by RMM. The trees begin with ST_RMM and there are lots of them. They have Russian names, but the trees are the same as we have here, and you'll recognize them easily enough. There's a cheat-sheet with the tree names. If you want I can copy and paste it here. Roystrainz has a bunch, some built-in and lots that come with his Canadian Rockies routes. There are also good trees by Peter, aka Gawpo50, and some built-ins as well. Since you have TRS22+, you are entitled to all the DLC, and I recommend you download it all. This will give you access to all the trees and other content used in the routes. This is in addition to what's on the DLS.

There's a new BI3 series by MSGSAPPER. Look for his assets on the DLS and they begin with SAP. There are still lots of interactive industries and interactive industry track built in. For external connections you can use portals.

Searching for stuff on the forums is hit or miss. Your best bet is to use Google or Bing, or some other search engine. It's quicker and easier.

Thanks for the reply John - I have grabbed everything you recommended off the download station!

Back