Thread: Passengers are all British.

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

Default Passengers are all British.

Dang I wish we had some new passengers. I make North American routes and I get annoyed when I see a British Bobbie standing at the stations waiting on a train. And guys wearing derby hats like Laurel and Hardy. We need American looking passengers.

Take an existing passenger mesh, scale it by 3.0 in the X and Y axis and there you go

Jokes aside we really need completely new passenger models and a way to reskin (reclothe?) them so that we aren’t limited to default options

United States of America, Michigan, Manchester
    Blog Entries

We have new passengers in '22... I don't recall seeing a British Bobby.

peter
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Blog Entries

We do have Old West Passengers; though not modern, they're definitely not British.

But I would miss Tom Baker if he were left out of any revision....

:B~D

Together in Trainzing!

United States of America, Oregon, Portland

Quote Originally Posted by davesnow View Post
    Dang I wish we had some new passengers. I make North American routes and I get annoyed when I see a British Bobbie standing at the stations waiting on a train. And guys wearing derby hats like Laurel and Hardy. We need American looking passengers.
    I have contemporary era passengers on my route. I randomly picked one station on my route: AJS Invisible Station 1T 3.5, kuid2:122285:3401:22, dated 26 Dec 2021, and one of the dependencies is: Prod Passengers 2020, kuid -25:1487, dated 20 Dec 2021.

I did not download the newer stations with the more contemporary passengers, so what that suggests to me is that somewhere in the migration from TRS19 to TRS22+, the stations automatically upgraded for me, while they did not for you. It sounds like some downloading and replacement is what you need to do. Or it may be that just modifying the existing stations with the newer commodity dependency Prod Passengers 2020 is all that is required.

Yes Dave, once you get updated to the new contemporary passengers, the women will all come out with no jackets or sweaters in the winter, and they all have exceptional posture: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...36#post1933836
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Yes Dave, once you get updated to the new contemporary passengers, the women will all come out with no jackets or sweaters in the winter, and they all have exceptional posture: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...36#post1933836
    I should add Dave that the great advantage of having one of our bobbies on your US route is that there is no risk of anyone getting shot!

Paul

I tried to place that <kuid:-25:1487> Prod Passengers 2020 into TRS2019, but it shows as faulty, with a zillion errors. I guess I'm just out of luck.

After looking at the passengers in that Kuid, I'm glad it didn't work!!! Not what I would want.
    Last edited by davesnow; October 2nd, 2022 at 09:26 PM.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

This has been covered in another thread with much detail so I will be brief here. The new passenger set was created just for TRS22 and beyond because N3V is on a quest to please the handful of users that want "more realism" in the game even to the point of making the game ridiculously not historically accurate. They could only afford one set of pre-build 3D models and this is what they chose. They include an obsolete table that list all the other built-in passengers sets so wherever the old passengers were used the new ones are automatically substituted. Station platforms were not changed or updated.

Their solution is to take whichever old set you like and add an obsolete table to it to obsolete the new set which obsoletes all the old sets.

Hey Dave, MSGSapper just posted an update to his assets, reminding me that he has a set of passengers. You might try <kuid:439337:103987> Passengers-SAP and see if you like it. He now considers it obsolete, but it might fit the bill for what you are looking for.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Hey Dave, MSGSapper just posted an update to his assets, reminding me that he has a set of passengers. You might try <kuid:439337:103987> Passengers-SAP and see if you like it. He now considers it obsolete, but it might fit the bill for what you are looking for.

YEah, Thanks. I've used his passengers before.

Quote Originally Posted by davesnow View Post
    ...British Bobbie standing at the stations waiting on a train...
    Where are the British Bobbies when you've been burgled in UK?

Rob.