Windows 11

Old_Timer

Looked and haven’t seen a reference to Trainz ** being compatible with Windows 11. I have a new Alienware r13 computer and would like to install Trainz but not at the risk of it not working. Thanks for any info.

There's not a lot of difference between 10 and 11 as far as Trainz is concerned. I have TS22 runnig under win 11 but I strongly suspect TS19 will run as well.

Cheerio John

Looked and haven’t seen a reference to Trainz ** being compatible with Windows 11. I have a new Alienware r13 computer and would like to install Trainz but not at the risk of it not working. Thanks for any info.

Trainz TS12, TANE, TRS19, TRS22, and Trainz Plus and Trainz Plus Beta all work in Windows 11 with no problems and actually slightly better than with Win10 in most cases.

Thanks again for all the positive replies. Will install soon even though I am not happy with the digital download installation procedure. To much room for error an NV3 don’t care once they get their money. Experience talking in that respect.

Thanks again for all the positive replies. Will install soon even though I am not happy with the digital download installation procedure. Too much room for error an NV3 don’t care once they get their money. Experience talking in that respect.

Unfortunately, nearly everything is a digital download these days including very expensive software such as Sibelius Pro for music editing. That cost me $1500 for the software package plus a $200 per year maintenance fee. The kicker for me is their main office is located 35 miles from my house and their FTP server was so slow I could've driven down with my external drive and had them copy the download to it and returned home even with rush hour traffic a lot faster than the download took.

Speaking of external drives. I have a drive that holds all my downloads regardless of from where they come from. The downloads are sorted by company and the drive is powered off until I need it.

If you are having difficulties with the downloads, then there's something up with your internet connection, your hard drive (lack of space or imminent failure), or antivirus killing the download. Wireless connections in particular have difficulties with large downloads. If it's possible, connect your laptop or desktop to a wired connection and try again.

Will install soon even though I am not happy with the digital download installation procedure. To much room for error an NV3 don’t care once they get their money.

I have 3 computers, a desktop and two laptops, running Trainz Plus/TRS22. All of them are connected via my home wireless system which consists of a main hub and a repeater. My home is connected to the Internet using a hybrid co-axial cable on a 100MBps plan. I have never had any problems downloading large files.

I don't know what makes you unhappy with what is now standard industry practice. I cannot remember the last time I did an install using an external disc device. When I install a new version of Trainz from the Trainz Store (or in fact for any new software) I download it to a shared NAS that is accessible from all three computers, so only one Internet download is required.

My experiences.

Hi, I have an Ailenware computer, and have a dev build of Windows 11 installed.

TRS19 works perfectly fine for me.

Back