M.I.N again.....

Ghost42

After using Multiple Industries New for many a year I thought I knew it all.....
Having switched to the CDE version I have tried to get past the three product limit.
I tried adding them all to Queue 1 (never did understand queues)
Then one each on q1,q2, q3, q4 etc, no loads after q3.
I am trying to make a multi-product consist, perhaps not allowed for in-game.
I also run into losing control of the consist as in passenger stations but at least they give back control after a period.
I found one thread on this that came to no conclusion.
All ideas welcome!
TRS19

I've been using SAP's BI3 assets, which are a customised version of MIN. These are preconfigured for specific industries but the products can be changed, either in game or in the config file - just delete the ones you don't need. There appears to be no maximum number of products, with some of these having over 30 but it can be changed. These can also support multiple processes but I have not figured out how to preconfigure the products for the process tab so it still has to be set up in game.
With regards to queues, I have not had much luck in either MIN or BI3 with more than one product under one queue, it works fine with each product in a separate queue though, hence needing a lot of queues!
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...orial-Understanding-BI3-Industry-Tracks/page4

Kind regards,

Gary

Thanks for reminding me, I did modify BI3 to handle an east European lumbermill, I'll give that a try. I did try to fathom out why the internal consumption of a product would not drop to zero as loading wagons/cars do. As a dabbler in python the trainzscript was beyond me so I gave up.

After using Multiple Industries New for many a year I thought I knew it all.....
Having switched to the CDE version I have tried to get past the three product limit.
I tried adding them all to Queue 1 (never did understand queues)
Then one each on q1,q2, q3, q4 etc, no loads after q3.
I am trying to make a multi-product consist, perhaps not allowed for in-game.
I also run into losing control of the consist as in passenger stations but at least they give back control after a period.
I found one thread on this that came to no conclusion.
All ideas welcome!
TRS19

RE: CDE Multiple_Industry_New. It is not recommended to put multiple products in one queue, but you can, and if you do, only one product can have stuff in the queue at a time. So the MIN will handle 6 loads at a time (one load in each queue). To reuse the queue, empty one and then load another product. I'm not sure of the limits of product types the MIN will handle at once, I have never stress tested in that way yet.

As far as the processes go, it will still do 6 on each side (12 processes)

Hope this helps

I may be banging my head against a brick wall, as no-one else seems to have problems with the mins I think it may be my installation, TRS19 117009, and a fresh download is required.
With the SAP min I can place a product in q1, set up the Process but Track gives me nothing, hit the plus sign, nothing.
All points to my TRS19 installation.
I'll try Tane with the same setup.
The SAP min works as expected in Tane.

Last edited:
Hi

I've run into problems with queues in the past with the screen being blank. The problem was too many products installed which caused a timeout when trying to build the queue list. I can't remember now but I think it was in the region of 1100 or 1200 commodities. When you consider that some items of rolling stock have many different commodities in the config file, and won't show up if any of them are missing, then it doesn't take long to hit the limit.

Regards

Brian

Back