Basemapz Help

toddpicha

I was wondering how to get the ground textures to show up on the route I uploaded as when I start applying the too the route you can see its putting them down but are invisible.

Are the textures invisible from a distance?

If this is the case, you need to go into your environment settings and turn off the fog. The fog his hiding the textures when you zoom out.

The textures are invisible zoomed in or out, but I will go to the settings as you suggested and see if this works.

I went too environment settings, and the fog slide bar is on none but I'm unable to slide it back and forth is there something I'm overlooking?

Click on the + (plus sign) to add a set point then click on the clock dial. I put mine around noon, but I don't think this is the issue.

The issue is the basemapz are below the surface and are invisible.

Press the F9 key to show the grid instead.

See if this works. It's been ages since I've done this, and it's taking me a bit to figure out the problem, which is really simple, really.

Last edited:
Click on the + (plus sign) to add a set point then click on the clock dial. I put mine around noon, but I don't think this is the issue.

The issue is the basemapz are below the surface and are invisible.

Press the F9 key to show the grid instead.

See if this works. It's been ages since I've done this, and it's taking me a bit to figure out the problem, which is really simple, really.

Your right the ground texture I applied are showing below the baseamapz even with the grid showing so there must not be a way to lower the basemapz of my route or what ever needs to be done for the ground textures to show up on the route. I appreciate the help you are providing as this is my first attempt to do a basemapz route.

Your right the ground texture I applied are showing below the baseamapz even with the grid showing so there must not be a way to lower the basemapz of my route or what ever needs to be done for the ground textures to show up on the route. I appreciate the help you are providing as this is my first attempt to do a basemapz route.

You're welcome. We've all been here before. My recommendation is to lay the track first and get that in place where you want, then texture afterwards. You can always keep an image handy to look at for reference as you go along. I did this with a route I uploaded to the DLS ages ago called the Scenic and Relaxed from the Atlas books Nine N-Scale Layouts I think the book is called.

Back