CSX PH&D Industrial Route Invisible

I had recently downloaded the csx ph&d industrial route by dericm for TS12 and when I went to load the map up for the first time to see what the route is nothing showed up. Theres no meshes, textures or rails. The ground is not even showing up with the grey and yellow grid, you load the map and there is just nothing.

I dont have a clue what could be causing this issue or if its a issue with the route but I could not find anything about there being a problem with the route, any idea why everything is invisible???

Edit: I downloaded this route using TRS19

Last edited:
Actually I am using TRS19, sorry for not mentioning that before. But heres a question, if it is not for TS12 then why does it say TS12 on the download station???

Also this new forum system seems buggy
that CSX PHD route works fine in TRS22 with some work

If you are using TRS19, you need to rename some data files in order to bring the route in.

Open the route for edit in explorer. (Right-click on it in Content Manager and choose that from the Open... list).

In the File Explorer window,

rename the route-named files to.

mapfile.bmk
mapfile.gnd
mapfile.lyr
mapfile.obs
mapfile.trc
mapfile.trk

Close the folder.

Back in Content Manager, right-click and submit the route.

You should be able to open it in TRS19

If you are using TRS19, you need to rename some data files in order to bring the route in.

Open the route for edit in explorer. (Right-click on it in Content Manager and choose that from the Open... list).

In the File Explorer window,

rename the route-named files to.

mapfile.bmk
mapfile.gnd
mapfile.lyr
mapfile.obs
mapfile.trc
mapfile.trk

Close the folder.

Back in Content Manager, right-click and submit the route.

You should be able to open it in TRS19
All the files are aready named mapfile, but there is a mapfile.rlr you dont meantion. Should that file be there??

Also still doesn't answer the question why a TRS22 route is labeled as a TS12 route

All the files are aready named mapfile, but there is a mapfile.rlr you dont meantion. Should that file be there??

Also still doesn't answer the question why a TRS22 route is labeled as a TS12 route

So, are you using TRS22 or TRS19?

The route was originally from TS12 or earlier and "updated to TS22.

The .lyr file is the file that holds layer information which is not available for a route from that era and that file is created when you save the route the first time.

So, are you using TRS22 or TRS19?

The route was originally from TS12 or earlier and "updated to TS22.

The .lyr file is the file that holds layer information which is not available for a route from that era and that file is created when you save the route the first time.

I am using TRS19

So what files do I have to mess with to get it to work in TRS19 cause before you talked about renaming files that were named after the route, which I assume thats what you meant by "route-named" files. From what they were named to just simply being called "mapfile", which all the files you listed are already named mapfile. But there is a extra route file in the route folder you did not mention which is a RLR file.

I am using TRS19

So what files do I have to mess with to get it to work in TRS19 cause before you talked about renaming files that were named after the route, which I assume thats what you meant by "route-named" files. From what they were named to just simply being called "mapfile", which all the files you listed are already named mapfile. But there is a extra route file in the route folder you did not mention which is a RLR file.
I'm confused now... To get this straight before I continue...

You are taking a TRS22 route and bringing it back to TRS19?
The .rlr file is found in TRS22 routes.

If this is the case this won't work.

The method I gave you was to bring ca. TRS2006 or earlier routes into TRS19.

I'm confused now... To get this straight before I continue...

You are taking a TRS22 route and bringing it back to TRS19?
The .rlr file is found in TRS22 routes.

If this is the case this won't work.

The method I gave you was to bring ca. TRS2006 or earlier routes into TRS19.

I don't know what I am trying to do, all I know is I downloaded a route from the download station that said it was for Trainz 2012. But when I opened the route in Trainz 2019 nothing appered.

Since going on this form everyone has been saying the route I downloaded is actually for Trainz 2022 and even you are saying that the route is for Trainz 2022 because it has a .rlr file. THEN why is is labeled for Trainz 2012 if its not

I don't know what I am trying to do, all I know is I downloaded a route from the download station that said it was for Trainz 2012. But when I opened the route in Trainz 2019 nothing appered.

Since going on this form everyone has been saying the route I downloaded is actually for Trainz 2022 and even you are saying that the route is for Trainz 2022 because it has a .rlr file. THEN why is is labeled for Trainz 2012 if its not
Is this the route?

<kuid2:404894:100853:15> CSX PH&D Industrial Branch

If it is this route, then it is TS12. I am opening it now in Plus to see what happens.

I just opened the route. It's fine in map view but there are no ground textures. As you said, the route is invisible. I'm precaching content now, which means I don't have any menus to select textures or objects to find out what's here. I was missing two trees by Pofig and that's no issue because they're obsolete anyway.

Last edited:
The route finally opened up and there are some issues with a number of textures which may explain why it had trouble. The textures are there but are the wrong color. There are a lot of spline grass assets and flipboard trees.

The route is TS12 3.7 which means TS12 SP1 HF4 Build 61388. TRS19 may have trouble opening up this route but Plus did not. I still don't know what an rlr file is. I see it but there's no reference to it I could find, so apparently, it's in TS12 as well. I apologize if I semt you down the wrong path initially but there's still an issue if the route takes that long to load.

Is this the route?

<kuid2:404894:100853:15> CSX PH&D Industrial Branch

If it is this route, then it is TS12. I am opening it now in Plus to see what happens.

I just opened the route. It's fine in map view but there are no ground textures. As you said, the route is invisible. I'm precaching content now, which means I don't have any menus to select textures or objects to find out what's here. I was missing two trees by Pofig and that's no issue because they're obsolete anyway.
The route finally opened up and there are some issues with a number of textures which may explain why it had trouble. The textures are there but are the wrong color. There are a lot of spline grass assets and flipboard trees.

The route is TS12 3.7 which means TS12 SP1 HF4 Build 61388. TRS19 may have trouble opening up this route but Plus did not. I still don't know what an rlr file is. I see it but there's no reference to it I could find, so apparently, it's in TS12 as well. I apologize if I semt you down the wrong path initially but there's still an issue if the route takes that long to load.

Yes that is the route and its good that your experiencing the same issue I am having. I am missing assets as well but that's never made a route invisible before, but I am a bit confused how wrong colors are making it invisible. So I assume I'd have to find what textures are messed up and fix them?

Or since I got curious I figured since the version of the map I downloaded is number 15, I figured a older version may work so I ended up deleting that version. Then downloaded the very first version that was uploaded to the downloaded station and that version seems to be working no problem. So I assume I just download a older version from 15 on back until I get the newest version that works???

Also thats ok just glad I got some answers and I'm not just trying to do something thats impossible.

I wouldn't bother with the other versions, maybe try version 14 and forget about 15.

The textures are supposed to be green grass except the texture appears very dark like coal or dirt. There are some other textures that just look terrible but that could be due to the age of those textures. The map view of the route took forever to load up - it painted each baseboard slowly with the grass appearing first then later the other textures across the layout. Eventually when my disk stopped whirring, and churning around, the route loaded up. Initially, the ground was invisible with a few buildings floating in space, which is also the symptom of loading up old ca TRS2006 or below route, which is what got me confused. Eventually, the route loaded up and I saw the actual ground and the terrain which is flat as a table but at 187 meters.

What's interesting is the grass texture appeared fine in the preview on the map but is broken when on the ground.

I'm going to poke around the route a bit and see what's up with it. It may very well be salvageable for something. Given the age, it's pretty obvious when it was created. Back in TS12 days, this would've been perfectly acceptable, but today it looks old. This isn't a reflection on the route creator and only the old product and how our expectations change with the years.

I wouldn't bother with the other versions, maybe try version 14 and forget about 15.

The textures are supposed to be green grass except the texture appears very dark like coal or dirt. There are some other textures that just look terrible but that could be due to the age of those textures. The map view of the route took forever to load up - it painted each baseboard slowly with the grass appearing first then later the other textures across the layout. Eventually when my disk stopped whirring, and churning around, the route loaded up. Initially, the ground was invisible with a few buildings floating in space, which is also the symptom of loading up old ca TRS2006 or below route, which is what got me confused. Eventually, the route loaded up and I saw the actual ground and the terrain which is flat as a table but at 187 meters.

What's interesting is the grass texture appeared fine in the preview on the map but is broken when on the ground.

I'm going to poke around the route a bit and see what's up with it. It may very well be salvageable for something. Given the age, it's pretty obvious when it was created. Back in TS12 days, this would've been perfectly acceptable, but today it looks old. This isn't a reflection on the route creator and only the old product and how our expectations change with the years.

So I redownloaded version 15 and waited like you said and the route actually loaded and the textures were ok for me. But you are right the map is nothing but flat

TANE 4.6 see map I was test on Tane but work solid ground but Speedtree 5.0 Is outdated on pofig & mcguirel, Save your own kuid then transfers to ts19 or 22 I had test tane and trainz plus use old version build 116492 !

John

Last edited:
Hi Rebel seems what we have the same the R, color and all. Can you change the color of the R???

Back