Best Steam Downloads

heres a pic of all american steam i have =0
trainz2006-12-0520-35-08-37.jpg

Changing sounds?

(Edit - the results in TRS2006 may still be disappointing. I believe there may be some residual sound issues with steam locomotives in this version of Trainz.)
Why would you want to change such a lovely three cylinder sound as that on the S class. Jeez I dunno, some people have no taste ;)

Seriously though, there are quite a few different soundpacks you could use as substitutes if you wanted.

The 2006 sound problem for steam that Phil mentioned is that a) we still have only two exhaust beats per rev at slow speed and b) the higher speed loop does not pitch shift, i.e. get faster, as the loco speeds up.

Still, the mighty S class is a fine looking loco. If you are looking for something more diminutive, check out my little T class 4-8-0.

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony --

Yes, your T class is up there too - I've almost run its little wheels off on my routes!

Cheers,
Phil

Hi there

if its U.S. standard gauge you like got just to love those little 0-6-0's (USRA) there great litle locos in many livers and love those ones with working markers on them too.

If you don't mind running Australian locos as well, your just got to download all of the NSW locos, (Some are being updated) they are so nice, then theres that SAR T class that has been mentioned, the new victorian ones plus the about 5 QLD ones as well.

As for British there is just too much choice and don't know where to start.

There is also dome nice European ones as well.

Very hard to say items when there is just so much good choices

Tom

I was looking for a post about the 2-4-4-2 in the old forum. before the crash, and could not find it. I may make a new one some time. Working on a 4-4-0 at the moment.

arum-Only have front bogey done, around 1880-1890 scrapped in 1920. This will be a loco and four passenger cars when done.

Hi Ben --

Just got to thank you for these:

Misc_57.jpg

Misc_58.jpg

Misc_55.jpg

And this is the little 0-6-0 that has been mentioned before:

Misc_56.jpg

Phil

Looks like a great engine in the summer, but I bet crew turnover is high in the winter ;)
On the other hand, you can't beat the forward view!!

Good Day,
Though I can't help you with your steam problem I thought you might like this bit of info. I have both road & chased Frisco 1522 when it was still in excursion service & the whistle on this loco is accually a river steam boat whistle & is problely one of the best sounding steam whistles out there. Be nice if someone would make a loco with this whistle sound ?

Have a good one.
Dl109Alco
Steven Southern Illinois, uSA

hi steven

here in queensland in autralia we have a Queensland railways whistle that comes from a riverboat

just type in qr in the dls and check it out.
the sound is marvellous

cheers and a merry christmas to all

steven

hi bob
i managed to get onto the dls tonight but it tells me that no downloads are found for those three

any ideas where else they may be?
thanks ron

Does anyone know were to get a 4-6-6-4 Challenger #3985?
I also cant figure out how to download stuff and all the routes I create dont save
I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know were to get a 4-6-6-4 Challenger #3985?
I also cant figure out how to download stuff and all the routes I create dont save
I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a guy who is known as Gp38-2 on STEAMTRAINZ.ORG who is currently working on a 4-6-6-4 challenger.

Note this will be freeware.

Bill's latest steam loco's are worth having...
[FONT=book antiqua,times new roman,times]The K & Ka class NZR locomotive models in 42" NG have been built by Bill Fock (a.k.a Billegulla) and are compatible with TRS2004 and TRS2006[/FONT] 4-8-4's
(also NZGR Ab [FONT=book antiqua,times new roman,times]& Ab - 42" NG version)...[/FONT] 4-6-2

http://www.trainzone.co.nz/nzr_rolling_stock.htm

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Back