Victorian Railways from ZecRail

Andreas556

Hello folks.

I am interested in the Victorian Railways locomotives from ZecRail. In the description it is explained that these locomotives are suitable for the broad gauge (5ft3in gauge). On which route can I use these locomotives? Warwick to Wallangarra?

best regards

Warwick to Wallangarra is narrow gauge (1067mm 3ft 6in).

In reality Trainz does not care if the wheel gauge does not match the track gauge, a GWR 7ft gauge loco will happily run on a 2ft narrow gauge track. It may look "funny" but it will still work.

The new Bairnsdale - Orbost DLC route is Irish broad gauge (1600mm 5ft 3in) and there are sure to be others. Searching for BG in the names of routes might help.

Of course it's not nice to see when the train has a different track than the track. I only came up with it on Victorian Railways because Warwick to Wallangarra is an Australian route. The enclosed locomotives are of such poor quality that my ears hurt while driving. If there is now a new DLC from Ireland for broad gauge, for which route was ZecRail intended its locomotives? Or is there a Victorian Railways in the DLS? Are there narrow-gauge locomotives in the TrainZ store that you can use / buy as replacements? I'm not sure, I don't think there is anything.

ARTC Main South VR north East and Goulburn Murray Lines v4 are 2 of mine that give plenty of Broad Gauge running. They will merge together too. Healesville and Orbost are payware but we'll worth it. For more BG stock, search Azervich on the DLS.

Cheers Graeme

Last edited:
Back