Burlington West Clyde Sawmill

Fat-Comptroller

Im having trouble with the sawmill. After coupling and loading the five empty log trucks and am then unable to reverse to couple the already loaded ones. Ive changed to juncion but the problem is the brakes are locked on all of the trucks and will only allow me to pull forward 9ive reversed the direction of the engine before loading the empties. Ive gone to each of the consist and released the brakes but I am only able to pull forward, The engine revs but no movement.

No doubt a rookie error but Im out of ideas. I tried coupling to the unloaded one sfirst but derailed as soon as I coupled.

Any ideas?

When reversing with the loaded bulkheads, you are on a pretty steep grade. I've found that I had to go to throttle 4 to get the train to move, and even then I only get 1-2 MPH. I'm afraid if you go to throttle 5, you'll get wheelslip.

That said, I can not couple to the already-loaded bulkheads on the siding. Every time I try, I derail. Not sure what the issue is.

Matt

As for the steep grade when starting. You can likly go higher throttle (or notch) if you turn the sanders on. In the real world you would set train brake (just enough to hold), start sanding, and slowly advance throttle as you slowly let off brake. Keep adding throttle and letting off brake until you start slowly moving and once you are confident you have traction then let off brake all the way. Don't forget to turn sanders off once you are moving well.

As for the derail. It's been a long time since I ran that but is there a switch under the consist you want to couple to? I think the switch is set wrong or it changes in the session or something like that. Sorry I can't remember exactly. Go to may view, turn switches on, and set the switch proper in map view. At least you can consider this as I may be thinking of wrong route!

The derail on coupling has been fixed the Beta 116210.
If you cannot start back up the steep grade then reverse back down the grade until the whole consist is on the level track and take a run at the grade it works for me if I cannot get enough traction on the grade.

Back