Trying to get Quick Portal Manager working

jimbursch

Quick Portal Manager is not working for me. At this point I just want a train to emit every 3 minutes. I am able to get Central Portal Manager to work, but not QPM.

I'm on TRS19 (Steam) Build 114863

Here is my setup:

https://i.imgur.com/ZHIjgIK.png

ZHIjgIK.png

I don't have TRS19, but have used QPM successfully in Tane. Looking at the example above, a couple of things come to mind.
1. I would normally schedule the first train to be generated some time after the session start time (so if the start time is 10:00am, my first train would be scheduled for, say, 10:01. It is possible that, in your case, QPM is waiting for 00:00 (midnight) before beginning the schedule.
2. I would normally place a Wait (5 or 10s) command as the first item in the schedule, just to ensure the train has been emitted fully. But that is a moot point if you are not seeing the train produced at all.

John

Thanks John -- I'll test that out next time.

Dick -- I think the links are linking portals, so, for example, you can have a train exit through a portal on one baseboard and enter through another portal on another baseboard.

Hi Jim.

John (Vostrail) is right. From the image taken of your configuration, you are requesting a first train emition at 0h00 (midnight) followed by a recurrent emition every 3 minutes. I don't know what is your session current game time in driver, but if you are using the default which is 10:00 am this means that you need to wait for 14h before your first train is emited.
As John has said enter instead of 00:00 the game time you want your first train to be emited and then the periodicity. Take care that a train emition may usually take a little more than 1 mn for a few vehicles consist to complete between the time the portal receives the request to emit and the completion of the train emition. So yes a 3 mn interval may work for consist with less than 10 vehicles ; a minimum periodicity of 5 mn seems to me better for longer consists.

By the way if you need only periodic train emition by a portal with no specific time for emition, you do not need to use central portal manger or quick portal manager. As I remember all portals supports by configuration at their level periodic emition of a specific consist by the portal. Just click with object ? on the portal to display its properties and you can configure the portal so that it emits with a defined period a defined consist. What QPM brings is the ability to choose the dedicated time in the day for distinct consists emition. If you don't need this functionality, there is no need to use QPM ...

Hope this may help.
Regards.
Pierre (61392) - creator of Quick Portal Manager Rule

Thanks Pierre!

The main reason I am interested in using the QPM is that I would like to not have duplicate drivers. The portal is spitting out trains at least every 10 minutes and the idea is challenge the player with A LOT of trains to manage. Essentially I am modeling the traffic jam at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. It's hard to keep the trains sorted when they all have the same driver.

By they way, just a suggestion -- the tick mark on "Allow duplicated drivers" is confusing. The text changes when the box is unchecked, which creates the confusion. If you use a checkbox, don't change the text. Or if you prefer to change the text, don't use the checkbox.

If you can rename the drivers, put suffix at the end of their names like this, for example. Ana - Portal A. Fred - Portal B. I did this on a large route so I knew whose a portal driver and who isn't.

Back