Trainz 2019 crashing to desktop at 50+ mph

KJOAF

Is there anyone who is still experiencing Trainz 2019 crashing to desktop when their train goes 50 mph or higher?

Yes. I had this issue several months ago on my 6 month old laptop. Updating all the drivers fixed the problem.

Cheers Bob

Good thing you did that. I am still having the game crash to desktop when I reach 50 or go anywhere above.

If I recall correctly, the problem was a Windows sound device driver. Check that your sound device driver is the latest and/or has been correctly installed by Windows. During an update Windows sometimes replaces the manufacturers device drivers with its own generic drivers.

How would I go about updating device drivers? I have taken a break from trainz for a while and have yet to install SP4 to my New laptop. TIA

How would I go about updating device drivers? I have taken a break from trainz for a while and have yet to install SP4 to my New laptop. TIA

What sound card do you have?

If it's a laptop, you need to go to the manufacturer's website or run a utility to check for updates. Dell has one, for example. I think HP and Lenovo do as well, but I can't remember because I haven't used their laptops in a decade.

For desktops, you need to go to the motherboard manufacturer. MSI, ASUS, EVGA, etc., will have driver links for their boards. There maybe an update utility supplied by the board manufacturer such as Live Update by MSI which I've used in the past for my motherboard.

I'm in the process of update my sound card driver, is it necessary/advisable to update all device drivers to avoid further issues?

My sound card is an AMD card, not sure what spec. Just updated the driver software and tried a loco on a test loop on a plain base board. Trainz crashed to desktop at about 60 odd MPH. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Personally, I have noticed that this happens when driving a steam loco with both the regulator and cutoff at 30 percent. I was wondering if the same thing would happen driving a Diesel. Also could updating to SP4 help?

This is happening to me again. Had to reset newish laptop after (unknown to me) Bitlocker appeared. Have updated all drivers (which fixed it the first time), but still no luck. Any ideas appreciated.
Cheers Bob

UPDATE: My Driver Update software said all drivers were up to date. Went to audio supplier (Realtek) got the latest drivers and installed them. Problem solved.

Cheers Bob

Last edited:
I kept installing the AMD Updates but the game still crashed to desktop when I went above 50 mph.

This isn't a graphics driver issue and is related to your sound card or sound circuit if this is integrated sound.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad FLEX-API14. The sound devices I have are an AMD High Definition Audio Device, An AMD Streaming Audio Device & a Synaptic Audio Device.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad FLEX-API14. The sound devices I have are an AMD High Definition Audio Device, An AMD Streaming Audio Device & a Synaptic Audio Device.

Check on Lenovo's website rather than AMD's in this case because laptop motherboards are usually proprietary. You may not be in luck though because a lot of times the manufacturers build these things as a one-off and you never can get drivers for them again after a few years. I've run into that in the past when I used to work in IT support.

Just a thought,

Would an external sound card help solve the problem?
That way you could use (for example) a sound blaster usb card and bypass the internal drivers/hardware.

My pc motherboard has sound blaster on the motherboard: I also have a Corsair wireless USB headset. Neither of these have caused this problem.

And it's coming up to Black Friday
Cheers
Colin

My current pc has a Gigabyte Sniper motherboard which has a sound blaster system built-in. It's recognised by the Creative app and drivers.
Previous PC had Creative X-Fi usb plugin 5.1 which may be obsolete now. That worked with Tane.

Regards
Colin

My current pc has a Gigabyte Sniper motherboard which has a sound blaster system built-in. It's recognised by the Creative app and drivers.
Previous PC had Creative X-Fi usb plugin 5.1 which may be obsolete now. That worked with Tane.

Regards
Colin

What are your PC Specifications?

Back