AJS Turntable tracks are scrambled

davemare

I have been using the AJS Turntable in TANE for 4 years with no problems, and have had Track Marks on the pivot table with no problems (used to stop engines on entry and exit).

However when I converted my route to TRS last week, the AJS turntable has been a disaster. Problems encountered.

The Track Marks on the pivot table seemed to bend the pivot track(SW) to a different direction than the visible track, resulting in derailments as the SW rail (invisible) was pointing at a different spot then the visible rail.

So I reinstalled the whole table, stubs and engine house , and tried using Track Marks on the stubs to stop and start the engines. Looked good, worked in test, worked on my route, saved it, but when I reopened today all of the stub tracks (SW) are at 45 degrees ( i know as all the Track Mark are at 45 degrees), even though the visible track is where it should be. Needless there were engines facing in every possible direction in the roundhouse and nothing can cross the pivot table manually without derailing

So this indicates to me Track Marks cause SW failures of the bad type? ie they certainly seems to confuse the SW

Does anyone have a solution for this? the challenge for me is stopping the engines when they enter the pivot table from either end, so I can use a Move Table command. How can you do this without using Track Marks?

Help is appreciated as this one has me stumped

Davemare

Hi Dave,
not sure what build you use of TRS19
starting with SP3 turntables have troubles,
We still wait for an official repair update which will probably be called SP4
You can go back to an older version if you are lucky enough to have saved a full install version
and saved your route in an older format.
If you did much work on your route in SP3, then you have to wait.
I went back to build 100240 (before any Service Pack) for content creation and route/sessions building
best not to put too much work at that turntable atm., go back to old or have patience
greetings GM

GM

bad news I just installed TRS so am on 111951. I am going to try and play with signals and wait timer to see if I can get this done without track marks. Alternative is to position engines in the yard at the start of my AI session.

Dave

Are you aware you often can't transfer assets from Tane to TRS19 (any SP) and you have to download from the DLS (again). So if you brought the turntable over from Tane, delete it and download from the DLS. Admittedly if anything got broken it should show that in CM.

Alikiwi

I have reinstalled all DLS turntable content, deleted old assets and restarted with DLS assets, and it doesnt solve the problem. I have now experimented with all turntable assets and get the same event. Saving in Surveyor doesnt create a problem, however when you exit the session/route and restart, any point of turntable or stubs that had a TM is at 45 degrees off center. I have tried saving TMs as route and session layers, no difference. At this point I just put all the locos on a track and bring them out using a wait for trigger command.

Back