Thread: Speeding penalties problems

Blog Entries

Unhappy Speeding penalties problems

I would like to set up a point system in a session : collecting points if the train is moving.
    - easy, you say :
    modify variable "Var_points" => option change to 0
    wait for train start / stop rule => start option
    variable modify continuous rule => adds n points to "Var_points" each second
    and it works... until the session dies !
    Well. I want no increment of points if the train is stopped.
    Why if I put
    wait for train start / stop rule => stop option
    variable modify continuous rule => adds 0 points to "Var_points" each second
    It does not work ?

Another stuf :

I want to punish speeding - easy so you say :
    speeding Check rule => "mytrain" accepts 5 km/h above the limit
    variable modify continuous rule => adds n points to "Var_points"
    Well, I want that if the overspeed is more important, the number of points cut is more important
    Why if I put
    speeding Check rule => "mytrain" accepts 10 km/h above the limit
    variable modify continuous rule => adds n points to "Var_points"
    so 2n points would be add, does not work ?

And why merging speeding system in the move system with a simultaneous list doesn't work anymore ?

Hope that I have not made too much translation mistakes from french to english...
    Thank to help or suggest me !

Jean
    Last edited by Jean54; September 13th, 2021 at 06:07 PM. Reason: translation error

First one:

Perhaps a variable e.g 'moving' that gets set to (maximum) 1 when the train starts and gets subtracted again when the train stops. Then variable check once per second: if 'moving' is greater than 0 variable modify adds 1 to e.g. 'points' every second. (If moving goes back to 0 it stops adding to 'points')

Another:

I'm not sure there's a way to that with Speeding Check Rule. It doesn't seem to cope with two instances running concurrently.

Not sure how exactly you are doing this but variable modify continuous rule should SUBTRACT points per second from ranking_points (unless you've altered the system to say 'score.') However I've noticed a problem with this system in TRS19 recently where I have a second variable set up, so one for 5 km/hr and another for 10 km/hr, where the first is using the message from the second variable! I haven't had time to investigate it however.
    Working on Trainz.

Blog Entries

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    However I've noticed a problem with this system in TRS19 recently where I have a second variable set up, so one for 5 km/hr and another for 10 km/hr,
    I'm not sure there's a way to that with Speeding Check Rule. It doesn't seem to cope with two instances running concurrently.
    I had noticed it for a long time: I tried a lot of combinations with the rules that I can use, but without success before I decided to post that thread. This is why I would like to have a real IF ELSE ENDIF rule Maybe someone could or would write it down ?
    regards
    Jean