Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beta Testers for upcoming route Wanted!

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Default Update

I've decided to go ahead and give the route a little bit of an update to the present day. In Google Earth, when you look at Hazard, Kentucky, you see that the 4-lane highway is very developed, while on EK3, it isn't. I decided to develop this section of the 4-lane highway also, to bring it in line with the present day.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Well if you bring it up to present day standards, it'll be single track and missing most if not all coal mines, and many branch lines. So, they'll be nothing to do and very unplayable IMHO. Remember the power plant is fiction, so what is anyone going to do on the route?
    Working on Trainz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    Well if you bring it up to present day standards, it'll be single track and missing most if not all coal mines, and many branch lines. So, they'll be nothing to do and very unplayable IMHO. Remember the power plant is fiction, so what is anyone going to do on the route?
    I'm thinking more like doing two versions: One is this version, which is just like EK3 ST but updated to TRS19 standards and has the addition of the buildings on the 4-lane highway in Hazard, and other changes, such as replacing a few bridges; The other will be a more extensive overhaul, dubbed EK5 ST TRS19, which has the line single-track with passing sidings, some of the branchlines removed, the power plant removed, the mall in Hazard and the buildings surrounding the mall added, and other updates. They'll have separate KUIDs, so EK5 won't obsolete EK3 when I release it.

Blog Entries

On second thought, if I do EK5, I won't remove the power plant, because there would be nowhere for the coal from the coal mines to go.

Blog Entries

Default Update

Hey y'all, just a quick update:
    I needed a break from EK3 TRS19 so I downloaded Detroit Connecting from the DLS and update it to TRS19. It's one of my favorite routes included in TS2010. I've updated the ground textures to PBR ground textures, replaced the track with procedural track, replaced the roads with YARNish roads, replaced the BNSF50 crossings with TRC crossings, and also replaced the 'Switchstand NS' with 'New Century M51A' series of switchstands. I've also added my 412_BI3_Template to the places that the industries are on the railroad, and one more on the siding named 'Team Track', which was used as the interchange siding in the session. I've also replaced the lo-poly vehicles placed around the route with more high-quality ones, mostly by lotharhake, but also some by davesnow, btvfd, vulcan, and dinorius_redundicus. I've also replaced all the billboard trees with rmm's speedtrees, including the
    billboard splines.

Blog Entries

Default Update

Well, I've run into a bit of a problem and hopefully davesnow will be able to help me out, even though he's no longer making content. There's a CVS pharmacy on the DLS, which is a reskin of davesnow's Walgreens pharmacy on the DLS, but both the original and the reskin has a level parking lot, and that won't work with the uneven terrain I'm working with. The change in elevation in the area that the parking lot takes up is too much for me to simply hide it underneath the ground, and there's no modern pharmacies on the DLS without the parking lot. I've sent davesnow a PM asking if he can make a version without the parking lot for me so that this project can continue.

jjeff1955 has been updating a lot of Dave Snow's assets, so if you don't have any luck with Dave, you might try him.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.