Modified, Newer Version Available - 196 items?

boleyd

Another Saturday night update and I have 196 Modified Newer Version Available items in the Download Station. List Assets In A New Window appears to be the recommended recourse. However, each iteration of that step results in another Modified, Newer Version Available status no matter how many times I "List Assets In A New Window".

Are these permanently unusable and can be safely deleted. Or, if they are deleted, future corrected versions will not appear? :(

Not sure why you keep opening new windows.

"Modified" normally means that it is an asset that you have altered from a previously existing asset, such as a route you have downloaded from the DLS and added/changed scenery items, or something that you have reskinned, etc.

"Newer version available" means that an updated (newer) version of the same asset has been uploaded to the DLS and is now available for you to download, if you want it (you don't have to but I always do). If it is a route or a reskin, for example, that you have modified then downloading and installing the newer version will destroy all changes that you have made to that asset

DO NOT DELETE them.

If the asset includes the word "Obsolete" in its description then it can be deleted because you now have the newer version installed which makes the previous version "obsolete". Except for "Built-in", "Base" and some "Payware" assets, which cannot be deleted.

What to do with those shown as "Newer version available" but do not include the term "Obsolete", you can right mouse click on them and select "Download". If these are "Built in", "Base" or "Payware" then you will need to take a few additional steps to update them.

Details can be found at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Using_Content_Manager_to_Update_Assets

Select them all, then right-click and select "List asset versions", then sort the window that pops up by the Status column. Select and download all the ones that say "available for download". Once you have downloaded the new versions, the old versions will now say "Modified, Obsolete" and can then be deleted.

Back