Thread: SSD failure?

Columbus, Oh USA -by the Weber Connection!

Default SSD failure?

I went to launch TANE today after a week of not using it, and it would go through the initial process, the database thing or whatever it is called, then it would crash to desktop. This happened a few times so I restarted Windows and now the SSD in which TANE was installed doesn't show up. I'm not really sure what to do next but I do have a separate SSD for content. If the drive is bad can I reinstall TANE on a new one and then use the content on the other drive?

These are the folders that exist:
    [IMG][/IMG]

It appears that it's "there" it's just not showing any info on size.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by justinroth; January 24th, 2021 at 04:46 PM.
    Check out my grungy electric piano based band, "Small Movies" at http://wearesmallmovies.com/

Sorry to hear you are having issues. It sounds from your description that your computer has a drive with Windows on and another the SSD with T:ANE, if that is the case start by disconnecting the SSD and sort out the computer/Windows. Once that is resolved reconnect the SSD and review where you then are in respect of the SSD now functioning and so forth i.e. one step at a time. In respect of using the replacement SSD and reinstalling T:ANE, yes you can but hopefully it will not come to that. Peter

I would check the connections to the SSD and the motherboard first and hope that you find a loose one.

SSDs can and do die just like that: all at once. So, it wouldn't surprise me if it is dead.

Blog Entries

If you have space on the TANE drive, you could reinstall the game there, then repoint it to the Data folders. I have a separate Trainz drive, I have the game and data there together, with a data backup on another drive. In any event, wherever you reinstall to, just repoint it to the saved Data.
    i5 8600k 4.4 GHZ-ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E-MSI GTX 1070ti
    16GB DDR4 2666-Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD
    US Army 1978-84