Have a question about Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019

imcanadian

I have a question for anyone here in this forum who know better than me about Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019. I already have my program of Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 but have not purchase any routes here because of US/CAD money exchange which is a little higher. But I found the same route or addon. For example here is what I see here with Trainz 2019 DLC: Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass for $50.50 and at Steam with the same Trainz 2019 DLC: Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass for $45.49. Now my question is that if I buy Trainz 2019 DLC: Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass from Steam and put the CDP file in my Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 which I bought this on sale around Christmas time. Will that work or NOT??

Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John

Last edited:
Hi John
Have you checked the free routes that come with the sim? In content store click on the purchased folder and see what routes you have available.

Is your Trainz 2019 from Steam or from the N3V store? Isn't Steam content meant only for Steam versions of the game?

Hi John
Have you checked the free routes that come with the sim? In content store click on the purchased folder and see what routes you have available.

Yes I checked the free routes that come with the sim and only one from Canada and some from U.S. and more in Europe which I am not familiar to run on Europe routes. Mostly have to purchase the routes and most are from U.S.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
personally i stay far away from anything steam.
You may have a coupon or voucher when you bought TRS2019, so you could have some discount buying via N3V
tip: find the route UMR2021 and base session on the downloadstation, you will love it (i do)
will be a long slow download, just leave PC on day and night :)
greetings GM

OK I just found out from the site of Steam and you will see below:

What is the difference between the Steam and MyTrainz versions of Trainz
Posted by N3V Games (Zec) on 14 November 2019 11:32 AM
There are no differences in features between Steam and MyTrainz editions of Trainz; each will include all of the same features and functions for that version. There are, however,
some differences for the Steam editions in regards to DLC packs, registration, and updating.

DLC packs
DLC packs purchased through Steam can only be used with the Steam editions of Trainz.
DLC packs purchased through the Trainz Store can be used with any compatible version of Trainz, including Steam versions.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
personally i stay far away from anything steam.
You may have a coupon or voucher when you bought TRS2019, so you could have some discount buying via N3V
tip: find the route UMR2021 and base session on the downloadstation, you will love it (i do)
will be a long slow download, just leave PC on day and night :)
greetings GM

Thank you for letting me know and going over to download station to find that route.

Take care,

John

Hi G.M.
To confirm for you.

If you are using a version of Trainz that was purchased through the Trainz Store/N3V Games, then you will need to purchase any DLC packs through the Trainz Store.

DLC packs purchased through Steam can only be used with the Steam edition. We can sometimes transfer access to non Steam versions, however to do this you would first need to install the DLC pack into a Steam version of Trainz, otherwise our system will be unable to complete the transfer. We cannot do this in all cases, and as such if you plan to use a DLC pack in a non Steam version of Trainz, it is strongly recommended to not purchase through Steam.

Regards

That is important to know for all of us Zec
Beside the risc things not working if you mix up 2 purchase sources
guessing steam wil also claim a part of the profits.

so if you want to go "steam", just download a steam engine (from the DLS) hahaha
greetings GM

Back