question on sessions

fourteen

Tryign to make a session at night, i save it, and when i try to drive it it is still daylight. If i open it for edit it is night. Any idea on what i am doing wroung? Thanks.

Tryign to make a session at night, i save it, and when i try to drive it it is still daylight. If i open it for edit it is night. Any idea on what i am doing wroung? Thanks.

Add the Session Rule - Time and Rate. It is in a 24 hour clock when you set it.

Okay that worked and the add weather, Thanks.

So what is the point of the in game icons under edit environment? Also i thought if you did that in the session it saved the info, did something change or aqm i thinking of something else?

I've played with the environment, date weather, elevation, and found this a very weak, or unfinished area of Trainz.

I think while in Surveyor, you can change weather, daylight .. but it's just for you to see what it will look like. When you start a session, it's always 10:00 in the morning somewhere. So you must use the session rules to change that specifically for that session.

That date one is really bizarre. If you never change the date, when you edit your route, its always today. If you edit session and change the date, every time you edit the route it will always be that date you set. So I asked in the forums, how to make it back so its always today. Got some flack about it does not matter, and in the end I figured it out that if you edit route, save as new name, the new named route is back to today, that is the only way to reset it that I have found.

Then the Altitude or Elevation (which includes Geo Coordinates see Here)

The "clock" in the Environment Tool does not set the time of day - it simply sets the times at which the lighting conditions change. So you set up your Green Dots around the clock dial and each dot controls the lighting and other conditions that will be in effect at that time. In between the dots Trainz will morph the environmental conditions from one set to the next - a slow morph if the dots are far apart (time-wise) and a fast morph if they are close together.

The purpose of the date, combined with the Latitude (North South), is simply to set the seasonal conditions - January is summer here in the southern hemisphere and winter where you are in the northern hemisphere. But this only has an effect on those scenery assets that have seasons built into them, such as many trees.

A full reference on using the Environment Tool can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools

The purpose of the date, combined with the Latitude (North South), is simply to set the seasonal conditions - January is summer here in the southern hemisphere and winter where you are in the northern hemisphere. But this only has an effect on those scenery assets that have seasons built into them, such as many trees.

A full reference on using the Environment Tool can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools

That date one is really bizarre. If you never change the date, when you edit your route, its always today. If you edit session and change the date, every time you edit the route it will always be that date you set. So I asked in the forums, how to make it back so its always today. Got some flack about it does not matter, and in the end I figured it out that if you edit route, save as new name, the new named route is back to today, that is the only way to reset it that I have found.

Then the Altitude or Elevation (which includes Geo Coordinates see Here)

These menu interfaces are broken/not complete, don't try to deny it. If you really dive into them you will see.

These menu interfaces are broken/not complete, don't try to deny it. If you really dive into them you will see.

What am I, allegedly, denying???

The interfaces are what they are - whether they are broken or incomplete is a matter of opinion and different users will have different views on that. They work for me and do what I want but they may not work for others in the ways that they may want.

The only issue that I, like you, have encountered is the date. If your actual real date was in the middle of winter and you wanted your snowbound route to look like summer then you would have a hard time changing the month, as you explained. An easier solution would be to reset the world origin to the opposite hemisphere - it has no function other than seasonal effects anyway. An alternative method to the world origin is to create different region assets and assign them to routes as needed.

My opinions.

Back