Large ping and server usage in Moscow

TheAnDav

Good afternoon.
During the multiplayer game, there is a very large ping and train lags, ghost trains appear. A lot of people from Western and eastern Europe suffer from ping and synchronization problems.
I are from Moscow. Your servers are very far away from us, in the USA, in Dallas. We offer you to use my equipment for free (our server, which is located in Moscow), so that those who live nearby do not experience similar problems with ping.
I provide you with my equipment, my server. You will log in remotely and configure everything yourself. And in the future, when playing multiplayer, we will use our server, which is located in Moscow. Can you do that?
As for the official use of Trainz and user authorization through our server, you can configure everything remotely yourself, as necessary. We guarantee the confidentiality of information.
At the moment, many people have not bought Trainz 19 for multiplayer just because they are afraid of synchronization and lag. If we go to our server in Moscow, then perhaps these problems will disappear and many people will buy Trainz 19 just for the sake of multiplayer.

Last edited:
I fully support the author of the topic. In fact, this will solve the problems of Europe with synchronization, especially as I understand the author offers free equipment, now this is a rarity !!! In fact, Trainz, this is currently the only game where there is a multiplayer mode but it has problems, unfortunately the MPS tests did not give positive results. I think the Trainz team will think about this proposal. But I understand this is a real cry for help in this direction. If there is an alternative in the railway simulator, the guys will change course. Colleagues, AURAN listen!

I also think that the guys described everything correctly, the problem really exists, there is no response from support (we will sort it out and that's all, the whole answer is further silence). It seems to me that the problems that were in Trainz 2012 for 10 years have not gone away this is something that is related to the multiplayer game. Why developers do not answer specific questions I personally also do not understand, I would like to get a full answer to the problem. Unfortunately, I do not keep statistics, but I think the game Trainz 2012 had more sales than Trainz 2019, although I may be wrong ! I also understand that the development team is 5-10 people, but the code of the multiplayer game could be rewritten in 10 years, or make changes and improve the quality of the multiplayer game for the global trainz community

I agree! The location of servers for some regions really leaves much to be desired, because of this ping is large, there are bugs, ghosts of trains. The user gives you servers-take them and in the Russian segment, players will be more comfortable playing online in multiplayer

I agree with the opinions of all players! Multiplayer does not support multiplayer mode well and crashes after 4-5 hours. Ghosts are constantly encountered. The carriages do not detach well from the locomotive.

As a multiplayer player, I can say that there really is a problem with synchronization, and sometimes such a bug happens when the player has already gone, reached the other end of the map, and you still see him, as if he did not move, and this is one of the few bugs syncronization. Auran, you have a fairly large part of the community in Europe, why not really put a server in the same Moscow, and it will become much more pleasant for people to play, and your reputation will rise, so I ask you to finally do it)

good evening! I am a longtime fan of this game and I can say that fewer and fewer people are playing this game. Add-on developers are tired of struggling with constant bugs, removal of functions that worked before. And without third-party developers, your games are bland, tasteless and dull, that's my opinion! If you have to consider the multiplayer mode, this is generally a disaster: a session of 5 people plays stably for 3 hours, then ghost trains start flying around the map, signals do not open, routes are not built, it is even impossible to unhook from the train !!! Also, for some reason, locomotives from a single session work with errors in multiplayer. I can enumerate for so long, but there are only two questions: why can't the server part be made available to run on the user's PC? Why can't you save a multiplayer session?

Yes, the guys write interesting things. They're right, though. You can play a single player game in the same trainsim world. This is still the only railway game where there is a multiplayer mode. I personally played trainz 2012 and I thought that these problems have been fixed in TS2019. But unfortunately there is no desire to buy this product, as the problems that were and remained. I talked to these guys in 2014-2018 on the topic of multiplayer. And I know that theandav wrote in support and personally (Zec)
support@trainzportal.com a couple of years ago. But according to this topic, I think developers are not really interested in this direction. Think about it colleagues, maybe ongi real problems tell you. And they want to help you in this direction.

Interesting, I always thought N3V would've had at LEAST a server in Europe. As for my ping, its practically nonexistent as I live right in Dallas.

The location of the physical server or more likely the virtual server is increasingly meaningless on today's Internet. The issue is more likely a matter of available bandwidth through each hop the connection must travel through. Bandwidth can be very expensive on a backbone level feeding a data center. My guess is that as MP exists today it is a non-revenue producing service that N3V doesn't want to spend money to improve at least not until they re-write the code which dates back to 2010 or so.

The OP made a very generous offer but I can understand why N3V would decline.

Back