CTDs up the wazoo

BNSF1995

Not-so-proud American
Ever since SP1, my TRS2019 has been crashing. Alot.

After SP2 came out, I was hoping the crashes would stop, but instead, it crashed while I was in CM just now. And after every crash, the game automatically runs a Database Repair.

What is going on here? Is it something on my end? Or is TRS2019 that inherently-unstable? Is there something I can do to stop it, or is a clean reinstall my only option? I really don't want to have to do the latter because I have no way to pay for an FCT.

I should also mention I purchased TRS2019 through Steam. Could that be an issue, something to do with Steam's authentication servers?

Or, as I theorized, TRS2019 is that unstable, and I have no choice but to go back to T:ANE until N3V gets their act together?

No problems here with TRS2019, or specifically, SP2. I've been Trainzing since 3:15 this afternoon with no issues whatsoever. I did some work in Surveyor, session editing, and then a bit of test-driving.

If you had crashes before, then there's an underlying issue that's causing them. You probably have some data corruption there, and once you've got it, the process gets worse. The usual culprits are corrupt meshes and textures, and out-of-date scripted assets. Ensure you have downloaded and updated the TRC, ATLS, and Interlocking Tower content to the most current versions.

In general, you should clean up your database by ensuring all content is up-to-date, obsolete assets are removed, except built-in ones, and nothing is faulty or open for edit.

I have not observed any issues. What is the CPU, GPU, motherboard, RAM, and operating system specifications of your system?

Ever since SP1, my TRS2019 has been crashing. Alot.

After SP2 came out, I was hoping the crashes would stop, but instead, it crashed while I was in CM just now. And after every crash, the game automatically runs a Database Repair.

What is going on here? Is it something on my end? Or is TRS2019 that inherently-unstable? Is there something I can do to stop it, or is a clean reinstall my only option? I really don't want to have to do the latter because I have no way to pay for an FCT.

I should also mention I purchased TRS2019 through Steam. Could that be an issue, something to do with Steam's authentication servers?

Or, as I theorized, TRS2019 is that unstable, and I have no choice but to go back to T:ANE until N3V gets their act together?

You could try the solution I msg about on here - Delete Obsolete assets that are not payware, builtin or otherwise locked. Unlocked Obsolete assets can have strange effects on the database content. You can't use them, so dump them. If that does not work there is no harm and you free-up some space. Also repeated database repairs are sometimes needed. Gives your PC something to do while you sleep.

Back