SP2: the good, the bad, and the ugly

autodctr

SP2 installed just fine. That's the good. The ugly is that EVERY layout that I have done has multiple errors now. The ugly is this: the first route that I tried to see if it would run, had a missing loco. Not visible. A green arrow appears where the loco used to be, but it isn't there. Trying to place a different loco there leaves an empty space between the newly placed loco and the first car of the rest of the train. This sucks big time. I have run several extended data base repairs, I have done the Content -> update with more extended DB repairs and still have the same issue. Please help. This layout was my latest and greatest with 150 bases and everything just about perfect. Now this.

I guess that loco is still there. You don't see it because it is somehow faulty, probably something to do with textures. You should know what loco it is. Go to config files and look for errors or missing dependencies. Once it is located and CM, repaired, and shows a good one, do a delete missing assets and try to install the loco again and see what happens. If all fails, do a "thehellwithit". Believe or not, I have had to do that more than once.

All my layouts are working fine, no missing assets, in TRS19 PE SP2. Likewise none of the locos I have are faulty or invisible.

It would be a great help if you could give the kuid(s) of the invisible loco(s), Have you checked in CM to see if the loco is reported as being faulty or has missing assets?

No problems here either after I ran a DBR once I had everything downloaded and installed. This is in addition to the mandatory one that comes up after the update.

I agree with pware. It helps if you post the error messages. Saying that something is broken doesn't help us help you fix the problem. It's like going to the doctor and saying it hurts without telling him or her what hurts.

Thank you for the replies. While I am glad that all of you are having no problems, that is not my case. Understand that the ONLY thing that Win10 is used for is Trainz. Nothing else has been installed. Nothing. Database repairs are run often. I had no real issues with anything. But now, after the update, every single layout that I created has multiple issues. Every one of them.

I am on Linux right now and will switch over to Winblows and see if I can get you more info.

Alright. The first issue was with kuid <2:73150:101216:1> That error seems to have gone away after I reinstalled that. This issue still remains: <1:101211>

; <kuid:-1:101211> : Validating <kuid:-1:101211>
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE86: Legacy .pm files are no longer supported. Switch to using a .lm file.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE86: Legacy .pm files are no longer supported. Switch to using a .lm file.
; <NULL> : MeshResource::LoadResource> <NULL> | arc:fld:$(original)/hash-D1||kuid -1 101211.tzarc|
; <NULL> : Loading mesh f7interior_main.pm
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE166: 39 combined chunks (of 39 source) in .im file:
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE61: Required tag 'interior-controls-type' was missing and has been set to default.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE39: The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE39: The texture 'needle_darkred.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE39: The texture 'needle_red.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-1:101211> : VE39: The texture 'needle_white.tga' is a uniform color.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'ampmeter'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/ampmeter' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'bploco'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/bploco' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'bptrain'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/bptrain' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'brakepressure'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/brakepressure' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'chair'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/chair' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'controlstand'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/controlstand' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'horizblinds'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/horizblinds' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'speedo'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/speedo' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'westinghouse'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/westinghouse' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point 'none' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/wheelslip_light' was not found.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'windows'.
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/windows' was not found.

I still have the issue with not being able to see the loco or to delete it.

I do not know if this helps or not but

<kuid:-1:101211> f7interior kph lhd

is listed on my CM as "Available for download, obsolete" and listing its Asset Versions reveals that it has been replaced by

<kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH

which is listed as "Built-in" in my CM.

Mine tells me that <kuid:-1:101211> f7interior kph lhd

is listed on my CM as "Available for download, obsolete"

After that, I cannot find the kuid that you posted and I cannot find it by description either. My current build says 110491. All I want to do is delete this damn loco so that I do not lose 3 months of work. This is ridiculous: it worked before the update and now it doesn't. And, I haven't checked any of the other layouts to see what is wrong with them yet. I finally had a layout that I liked and now I am looking at having to start all over because of a ghost loco??

If you can't find <kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH, then right click on <kuid:-1:101211> download this version.

Found the 25:1340 and it says "build in". Now what?

I am retired. I used to have model trains running on 3 or 4 different levels every year at Christmas. 7 or 8 trains running at a time. All tracks connected so that any train could be moved to any level and any other track without ever being touched by hand. And this was way before remote control. This was all done by using plastic rail joiners to insulate one track from another. Lots of switches installed to temporarily power those dead sections in order to move trains from one track to another. Lots of wires connected. LOTS of wire. Working crossing gates using pressure switches. Working waterfall with real water. More wiring. 20 - 30 buildings with lights in them. I did it all for relaxation. The relaxation came from watching everything work the way I designed and built it.

I was hoping that Trainz would replace what I was missing from my past. And Trainz did that for awhile. But right now, I would hate to check my blood pressure. I NEVER had this kind of stress getting 8 different tracks working correctly, connecting hundreds of feet of wiring, etc. This, right now, is ridiculous. An update took a perfectly working layout and destroyed it because a locomotive that worked before is now invisible and nothing can be done about it. There HAS to be a fix for this!

Last edited:
Hmm try list asset versions and the try Download this version on that page? I seem to remember having to do that on odd occasions.

If this is just so you can get rid of it from the route try changing to any other interior? and see if that gets it to appear.

I'm assuming delete missing assets hasn't got rid of it?

If this is just so you can get rid of it from the route try changing to any other interior? and see if that gets it to appear.

I'm assuming delete missing assets hasn't got rid of it?

It did now!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

My blood pressure already coming down! Now, I don't know about anyone else, but having finally getting to run the trains I noticed that my frame rate is about double what it was before! I am now up around 140 FPS!

This evening I have just updated my second machine to SP2 and deja-vu, SP1 yet again unfortunately. Yes the upgrade went without any issues, the database rebuild took about as long as it usually would and my own route loaded directly, its just a pity its unlikely to run for long as there are about a dozen areas where the track is missing along with any consists that may have been parked on it.

Yes I could replace them but when only one track (a pair of rails) from a double track has gone walkabout, and where rolling stock of any kind cannot be place on the remaining track within perhaps 500 yards (before, after or adjacent) it become frustrating once again that us users are left to resolve the issues after yet another update a year in creation with associated hype and promises.

Anyone contemplating updating to SP2 in the near future I would advise to proceed with caution particularly if its your only setup. Peter

Hi!
Please destress!

From my limited experience, TS19 SP2 doesn't have every asset from previous versions of TS19. This means that there are some routes and sessions that won't work correctly.
Unless you have the TS19 off-line installed downloaded from before the update, you'll need to either update your routes, or possibly use TANE...

Colin

Back