Help with driver order

chili46

Is there a way to add (or edit a config) to add (or move) drivers at (to) the top of the list? Right now adding a new driver puts them at the bottom so they are not available to instantly switch to when running the game (CTL 1~7). I can move the AI drivers at the top to a different position, but since their schedules are VERY complex, it is a tedious process.

Try renaming the drivers in the Session setup where you assign the drivers their commands permanently for the session.

You will need to retype the driver's name but that's pretty easy. Use 1-, 2-, etc., for 1-Amy, 2-Alan, etc.

Hope this helps.

There are two issues here. Firstly, in Surveyor mode in the Driver Setup Rule, there is no way to move drivers up or down the order list (a short coming that has been noted by others). In the past the driver that was at the top of that list was the driver (and her/his consist) that had the camera focus when the route/session was started in Driver mode. Now, in TRS19, there is an additional option in the Driver Setup Rule, the "Focus camera on first driver" setting. When NOT ticked, this will give the camera focus in Driver mode to the driver that last had the focus when the session was saved in Surveyor (at least that has been my impression with some limited experience only).

Secondly, when in Driver mode, opening the driver list will display the drivers in the same order as they exist in the Driver Setup Rule. Again, there is no way that I know of to alter this order.

Try renaming the drivers in the Session setup where you assign the drivers their commands permanently for the session.

You will need to retype the driver's name but that's pretty easy. Use 1-, 2-, etc., for 1-Amy, 2-Alan, etc.

Hope this helps.

Sounded like a great idea, but it doesn't work.

Bummer. I used to do that in the old days to find drivers that came from portals.

For that, it might still work for you. What I was looking for was a way to move the AI drivers farther down the list so I could easily switch between the non-AI drivers using the CTRL #. Right now an AI driver is in position 2 (my bad, I know) and one of the non-AI drivers is way down the list in position 8. I cannot use CTRL # to go to driver #8. I have to bring up the entire list (clicking on the current driver) and scroll down to #8. I can move driver #2 to a different position, but then I have to recreate all the AI commands (drive to, drive via track mark, etc) and on a big map, I've created a LOT of commands. And of course, once I make the changes I will need to ride along with the AI to make sure he still follows all the right command and in the right order.

Back