Bug: Loco Skin changing in some distance

HgoDR

hello guys, i'm having a bug with a locomotive that i brought from trainz 12 and it works perfectly but it has a bug where the loco skin changes to a completely different one at a certain distance, a skin that i never noticed before, how can this be possible and how i can solve this?

other thing, my build is 105175 in a steam version, this is a SP1 build?

So, it worked fine in TS12 but it is changing from, say a BNSF Phase III to a BNSF Phase II (or something similar) at a certain distance in TRS19? Could be related to that LOD thing. Can you check all the TGA files that relate to the levels of LOD and find the "completely different one" that possibly could be loading at too close a distance in TRS19? I've had lots of problems with LOD kicking in way to close or kicking in and out as a loco passes by, etc. Frankly, I removed LOD from a number of locos for that reason. It's annoying.

So, it worked fine in TS12 but it is changing from, say a BNSF Phase III to a BNSF Phase II (or something similar) at a certain distance in TRS19? Could be related to that LOD thing. Can you check all the TGA files that relate to the levels of LOD and find the "completely different one" that possibly could be loading at too close a distance in TRS19? I've had lots of problems with LOD kicking in way to close or kicking in and out as a loco passes by, etc. Frankly, I removed LOD from a number of locos for that reason. It's annoying.

Basicaly, yes, its is, but the skin are not of the same company either, i see the tga files of this strange skin in the "body" folder and they are named with the same name of the "original"(the skin that should be) but with a 1024, like body_01_1024.tga, and i dont findo any LOD configuration or file in the folder, they should be named with LOD in the name?

That's a fault with the asset and not the program its self. Contact the content creator through the forums PM and let him know what's going on. You can also try the user's email as well by opening the config.txt file and getting his email in the asset. If you do do that, just remember to revert the asset so no longer open for edit, otherwise, it won't be available in the program.

That's a fault with the asset and not the program its self. Contact the content creator through the forums PM and let him know what's going on. You can also try the user's email as well by opening the config.txt file and getting his email in the asset. If you do do that, just remember to revert the asset so no longer open for edit, otherwise, it won't be available in the program.

The original content creator of this C36-7 is the Ocemy, but i don't know how to contact the reskiner of this loco.

From your description of the loco, it seems possible that you could take the “good” texture files, re-size them if necessary, then re-name them to match the file names used on the low-detail meshes, and use these textures to replace the “bad” ones.

You have not given any kuid information, so we cannot check the loco to really see if that strategy will work.

From your description of the loco, it seems possible that you could take the “good” texture files, re-size them if necessary, then re-name them to match the file names used on the low-detail meshes, and use these textures to replace the “bad” ones.

You have not given any kuid information, so we cannot check the loco to really see if that strategy will work.

Sorry, the Kuid is: <kuid:580765:1075>(but this is not disponible in DLS) I renamed a copy of the texture files I want with the name in the files of the other texture and deleted them but it didn't work, how can i edit or remove this LOD thing?

Last edited:
I have the kuid of the original loco made by Ocemy Liew, with the original skin that i dont want and that appears in place the desired skin <kuid2:276266:1062:1>

Sorry, the Kuid is: <kuid:580765:1075>(but this is not disponible in DLS) I renamed a copy of the texture files I want with the name in the files of the other texture and deleted them but it didn't work, how can i edit or remove this LOD thing?

From the original Ocemy loco, it looks to me that the body textures on the lower detail meshes are just scaled-down versions of the original 2048x2048 image map and normal map. So I'm not sure what went wrong for you.

However, if you simply want to disable the LOD scheme, open the loco's config.txt file and look for this part;

Code:
mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "nd5_body\nd5_body.lm"
    auto-create                         1
  }

Change the mesh file extension from .lm to .im (in capital letters, this would appear as .LM to .IM).

Save the config.txt and submit the modified loco to the CM database. If you select the loco and check it for Errors and Warnings, you should find a warning about it needing to have LM. You can still use the asset, but you will know that it is a wastefully high poly-count because the LOD system has been disabled.

That is how it behaved in both T:ANE-SP4 and TRS19.

Last edited:

what sizes i have to apply to the custom texture if i try this?? Its looks like the guy that reskined the loco dont do this to have a LOD configuration(originaly for Trainz 2009) and because os this he reskined only for one distance.

Last edited:
Sorry, I cannot answer that because I don't have the re-skinned loco to look at in details, or the time to do it. It is a very complex asset.

yeah, i noticed the complexity, i re-sized the skin that i want for 2048 to 1024 like the original ocemy texture and replaced then and it works for a while, i gain some more distance, but even so, at some distance the skin will be replaced by the original, and I didn’t find any more .tga files of the original texture in the game folder, just a 512 half texture that isn’t from the full loco.

Back