Glitch with Yarnish T-intersections

hholdenaz

I've noticed a little glitch with a few of the yarnish t-intersections. Look here:

S302ZuM.png

As you can see, this one has two spline points but I believe there are supposed to be three. Does anybody know how to fix this? If so, please let me know.

I believe it was because of errors with too many spline point vertexes that were causing it to be faulty in T:ANE and up (yet how come that wasn't the case with the YARN T intersections? (which unfortunately still lack the ability to add or remove the lamp posts and other signs unlike the YARNish ones)

This has something to do with the attachment points and stretch IDs. I'm not sure if this can be fixed.

Yarnish T intersections have a history of being flaky.

The good news is that there are newer versions on the DLS so give them a try.

Try this: YARNish T-Intersection L2 AS+3si+3sh, kuid 2:639692:100162:2.

If any others are giving you trouble, on the DLS look for the same one (similar name) with newer dates than the one that you have installed.

Except that is one of the Yarnish intersections with only two spline points in TRS19, and there are only two of those, both by the same author

someone should make CRG Yarnish T intersections with the curve splines removed and the splines are just a spline going in the through part and the entering part is the end of the road spline like many t intersection assets

This is why I resorted to building intersections out of spline and invisible road. It really doesn't take much longer than fiddling the pre-builts into place, once you get a little practice; they don't break and can be better fitted to the surroundings. There are plenty of sidewalk assets available to help.

:B~)

I believe the T-intersections were originally designed to deal with the Trainz default method of cars always taking a left at junctions, which isn't as common and looked odd for US and other roads where the cars drive on the right of the road. In order to attempt to get cars to make a right turn at the intersection the original creators of the Yarnish Ts (and some other Ts) drew in an extra spline point on the invisible turning spline to fool the system into making a "left" turn and then jumping back to the right (Specifically - cars coming from the side street would turn right onto the main road, but cars coming from the "right" of the side street wouldn't turn left onto the side street). I believe this is what is broken on the T intersections as well as others.

There is also a one-way split adapter (<kuid2:506208:100079:3> YARNish Adaptor L1L2) which also has lost a spline connection I believe due to the same bug - there were two spline points right next to each other on the invisible roads in order to make the split. I'm sure there are others too.

John, I'm sorry but I don't agree that cars should just disappear from intersections, even though there are some cases where it is unavaoidable, I'd like to avoid it wherever possible. I'm of the opinion that if one is using a more detailed road system like YARN(ish(2)) that you're probably near the tracks and want more realism... I do this - depending on the proximity to the tracks my detail is higher. Farther away from the tracks I tend to use more basic roads and sometimes don't even bother with the correct intersections. I understand this is a Train simulator not a Car simulator, but it takes me out of the moment when some things happen that aren't "real" such as cars just randomly disappearing. (Another example of this would be the old Auran crossings where the gates fly down in under a second and are always blinking/dinging.... etc. I can not STAND that)

I do the same as ctclark1. I use the fixed intersections where I can see them and intersected splines elsewhere for places where I want traffic to flow. In places where I don't want traffic, such as in backstreets and mill yards, I'll use roads of various types with no traffic at all. I've done the invisible road spline thing as well and it's pretty easy once one gets the hang of the process.

It would be great if there were some YARN and the -ish variety intersections without invisible splines at all. With those, we could place them, carefully align the roads, and connect our own invisible roads across them. With that setup, we could setup our own intersections and have some with left turns and others with right turns to vary the traffic patterns a bit all without the problems we're facing now.

Back