Session QA

horacefithers

I'm testing AI background operation on the BC&SJ route.

It's a tedious process. The AI trains are generated at relatively long intervals and it takes 3 hours or so for a train to make it across the 105 mile route.

Is there a way to make TRS19 simulate "faster" so that problems in AI instructions or track configuration issues show up in minutes instead of hours?

I saw a fast time control in Session Info but all it seems to do is make the clock run faster, it doesn't actually speed up operation.

Thanks,
Horace Fithers

I'm testing AI background operation on the BC&SJ route.

It's a tedious process. The AI trains are generated at relatively long intervals and it takes 3 hours or so for a train to make it across the 105 mile route.

Is there a way to make TRS19 simulate "faster" so that problems in AI instructions or track configuration issues show up in minutes instead of hours?

I saw a fast time control in Session Info but all it seems to do is make the clock run faster, it doesn't actually speed up operation.

Thanks,
Horace Fithers

If you enable debugging, you can press the shift key. Some complex situations may not play out correctly, but it helps a lot on long uneventful runs.

That helps, a bit. I can wedge something on top of the shift key and weight it down so I don't have to sit there with my finger on it.

Horace

Perhaps use Windows "Sticky Keys", although I tend to find that option a bit of a nuisance for other operations.

Just to let you know my findings with the shift key and AI sometimes the commands come so fast the AI cannot process them correctly and gets really confused. Skips things like a trigger so the action you expected does not occur, etc.

Get a second monitor and, while occasionally glancing at your trains,:
Watch you tube videos
Play tic tac toe
Read up on the Corona virus
Play the stock market
Read and Post on the Trainz forum

Back