5wes sound

seolboy

Learning Like a Boss
A lot of wessex electric nutters content I downloaded has the missing kuid for 5wes sound
Where do I go about getting this?

A lot of wessex electric nutters content I downloaded has the missing kuid for 5wes sound

Now you don't. There was a not strictly legal copy on TPR which seems to have died.
It was removed from the DLS, some years after it was uploaded, due to a copyright violation as it is a direct copy of <kuid2:23299:53000:2> by java23 which is on the DLS.
java23 was somewhat annoyed! You could just substitute the kuid in the config which is what I did when it got removed.

what does the KUID start with? 30051 is me and if its something Ive released into the wild without the affected KUID, its probably something I forgotten to add or couldnt due to copyright issues which I try to be careful about.

what does the KUID start with? 30051 is me and if its something Ive released into the wild without the affected KUID, its probably something I forgotten to add or couldnt due to copyright issues which I try to be careful about.

<kuid2:23299:53000:2> by adrian19 was 5 years between it being uploaded and java25 appearing out of nowhere suddenly demanding N3V remove it, not your fault as no one was aware until 2015, affected a lot of nexusdj's stuff as well.
The copy on TPR got used a lot albeit somewhat dodgy, however now that seems to have gone to internet heaven.

Was a long thread on British Trainz at the time.

<kuid2:23299:53000:2> by adrian19 was 5 years between it being uploaded and java25 appearing out of nowhere suddenly demanding N3V remove it, not your fault as no one was aware until 2015, affected a lot of nexusdj's stuff as well.
The copy on TPR got used a lot albeit somewhat dodgy, however now that seems to have gone to internet heaven.

Was a long thread on British Trainz at the time.

I thought it was something like that. But shows you how much I work these days when I am slightly out of touch with small issues. I know I've used (internally) a few copyright items for various things, but usually - but not always as I make mistakes (we all do) remove them before going for release.

Hi all,
Sorry to have "suddenly appeared of nowhere" ... and to have been *annoyed* by a blatant copy of my own work :eek: ...
I discovered this file accidently, as I don't download every files of the DLS (sorry, I should, AND as soon as one file appears on the DLS :eek: ...) .
As this sound was only a DEPENDENCY of the rolling stock, it should have been OK and totally efficient if it has been used like that .
But, to use it after JUST changing a kuid number was totally upsetting for me :( .
Sorry to exist ... and, by the way it's java23 and not java25 ...
Philippe

Hi all,
Sorry to have "suddenly appeared of nowhere" ... and to have been *annoyed* by a blatant copy of my own work :eek: ...
I discovered this file accidently, as I don't download every files of the DLS (sorry, I should, AND as soon as one file appears on the DLS :eek: ...) .
As this sound was only a DEPENDENCY of the rolling stock, it should have been OK and totally efficient if it has been used like that .
But, to use it after JUST changing a kuid number was totally upsetting for me :( .
Sorry to exist ... and, by the way it's java23 and not java25 ...
Philippe

Apologies for name misquote, I can understand where you are coming from as I've had some of my stuff cloned for no apparent reason and was also annoyed and got them removed. I'm fine with reskins but not with exact copies under someone else's kuid.
It's easy enough to change the configs to use yours, which I did when the problem first appeared, hopefully most have by now done likewise, Hint!

Apologies for name misquote, I can understand where you are coming from as I've had some of my stuff cloned for no apparent reason and was also annoyed and got them removed. I'm fine with reskins but not with exact copies under someone else's kuid.
It's easy enough to change the configs to use yours, which I did when the problem first appeared, hopefully most have by now done likewise, Hint!

My stuff gets cloned as well, but to me, I just don't bother with copyright because someone is going to try and clone it (and copied behind the scenes), so why bother if you can't stop it? I can assure you, I've wasted hundreds and hundreds of hours creating LOTS of objects, over nearly 20 years. I don't ask for money nor do I host my stuff on payware sites. Most of it in fact, stays on my computer (believe it or not - there's lots of items that have never seen the light of day!). There's something for you to think about. I've started uploading my newer stuff back on my old site as its now up and sort of running like it has been for 2 years, but not properly running.

It is a great shame the issue couldn't have been resolved amicably as it broke many of the UK EMU's on the DLS - not sure if these have subsequently been fixed to reference another asset.

I used to get uptight over copyright but frankly, and especially at the moment, there are far bigger issues to worry about (like staying uninfected and keeping a stock of food in the house) than worrying about a little piece of train sim content... :)

I used to get uptight over copyright but frankly, and especially at the moment, there are far bigger issues to worry about (like staying uninfected and keeping a stock of food in the house) than worrying about a little piece of train sim content... :)

Surely we are capable of avoiding both copyright breaches and real life viral infections at the same time. I don’t see any sense in comparing those two issues. I support java23. He didn’t cause the inconvenience and has every right to defend his IP.

It took down most of my early NSWGR sparky sets as well - :( sorry it was a unofficially clone - the amount of abusive emails I got about it was amazing especially when I kept telling people it was on the DLS go find it... But in fact it was not. eeek

Yes it has broken many things but as Wessex states there are far more important things at our doorstep now that need our attention,, Just for the record this Virus is not a virus ! it is a DNA strain that rewrites cells that it contacts to copy the DNA passed to it and this is why antibiotics will not work on it,,
So it is far more important that you take major care,,,
Regards Steve123

Last edited:
..not a virus, it is a DNA strain that rewrites cells that it contacts to copy the DNA passed to it and this is why antibiotics will not work on it

Regards Steve123

It IS a virus. Your description of how it works is almost the very definition of a virus. :eek: But it contains RNA, not DNA.

Last edited:
Okay then,, sorry it is a virus of sorts but it uses DNA TO ALTER A CELL GENETIC PROGRAM ,,
Here is another to the UN that states the same thing,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiS37SYE6k watch the hole video

Sorry Steve, but it’s a genuine virus, not just “of sorts”. The video correctly says up front that viruses contain “DNA/RNA” which means “either DNA or RNA”. He doesn’t make that distinction clear, but it’s a fact that the only genetic material in Coronaviruses is RNA, not DNA. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

The only DNA involved belongs to the cells that the coronavirus infects. RNA from the virus corrupts the host cell’s DNA, forcing it to produce more virus particles.

We have strayed too far from the topic of this thread, so I won’t say more.

Okay then,, sorry it is a virus of sorts but it uses DNA TO ALTER A CELL GENETIC PROGRAM ,,
Here is another to the UN that states the same thing,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiS37SYE6k watch the hole video

Ok, with this whole Coronavirus thing, I think we are starting to go off topic. I'll leave that to a moderator to decide. All I can say, is while most people are isolating, I'm still a key worker and I'll still be cleaning trains or the station in a lockdown and will do so until I am told otherwise.

Yes it has broken many things but as Wessex states there are far more important things at our doorstep now that need our attention,, Just for the record this Virus is not a virus ! it is a DNA strain that rewrites cells that it contacts to copy the DNA passed to it and this is why antibiotics will not work on it,,
So it is far more important that you take major care,,,
Regards Steve123

I didn't actually, Vern did, I just got a lot of stuff to do these days, a job that has too many hours for a start. Also, learners have to start from somewhere, so wouldn't it be nice if they learned from my content?

Back